AAPL

Posted by: FSM

AAPL - 01/16/08 09:57 AM

man, it's been dropping the last few days. might be a good time to buy in. then again, i think now is just a bad time to buy even though everything has dropped because i think we'll have hell to pay for the poor economic policy decisions made these past 7 years. recession up the whazoo. <br><br>buy gold!!!<br><br>
Posted by: newkojak

Re: AAPL - 01/16/08 11:38 AM

I agree about doubling down on Apple stock. I would extend responsibility for the current economic climate all the way back to the banking deregulations of the 90s. (Many of the nastiest ones were passed over a veto, but it was in the 90s nonetheless.)<br><br>-- Charlie Alpha Roger Yankee Whiskey
Posted by: DLC

Re: AAPL - 01/16/08 11:43 AM

I was in - then it took a big drop a week or 2 ago and my program kicked me out... am I glad, ... it's dropped > 20 points since then.<br><br>yep may wait a few days and then buy for long term back in... I'm pretty sure it''l go back >$200 sometime in 2008 unless we go into a big "D"... or a very serious "R".<br><br>David (OFI)

Re: BIDU - 01/16/08 08:40 PM

stock tip (because you should always trust them from some dude online) . . . Baidu is an internet company that i jumped on quite a while ago when they were under $100/share. they jumped up into the $420s recently. i sold on the way up a few months ago. but they've taken a beating over the past week. BIDU is now back under $300 at $293. steal of a price. i think this is a nice way to diversify given that this is a company that competes with Google in China and this is the Chinese company in that battle. they will release earnings in mid February . . . a nice report will send this stock way up. AND, since they are Chinese the fluctuations in our market won't be as likely to affect their price (so if we his a recession, BIDU won't).<br><br>
Posted by: garyW

Re: AAPL - 01/23/08 11:53 AM

$132.<br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: garyW

Re: AAPL - 02/06/08 10:46 PM

$120<br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: AAPL - 02/07/08 05:03 AM

well, did say back then that it's a bad time to be buying in. <br><br>i think i said in another thread that AAPL could end up around $110 and people thought i was crazy. $10 away. crummy stuff as i have Roth IRAs in AAPL. fortunately, that's very long term.<br><br>on the other hand, BIDU is down to $230. they are a Chinese company and they'll release earnings next week. might be worth a gamble to bet that the earnings report is good. on the other hand, if the report is bad then the stock could drop . . . but there will be some big movement one way or the other. i am going to buy some shares just to see if i can earn a little more towards a big screen HDTV . . . or to see my dreams crushed. heh.<br><br>
Posted by: starmillway

Re: AAPL - 02/07/08 12:26 PM

Well, if I want to buy more, and the saying is buy = low, <br><br><br>at what point is low?<br><br>at what price should I consider low and buy?<br><br> <br><br> <br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: AAPL - 02/07/08 12:37 PM

in a typical market, buying low is what you hope to accomplish. in a recession, all bets are off of the table. we can see a lot of stocks stagnate with fairly slow growth. my instinct tells me that Apple is not just any company and that the AAPL stock will improve better than most. unfortunately, i move away from my heart and my head tells me that it's all a crapshoot right now. the price is probably near its low right now . . . i just don't know that it will improve much very soon. i certainly think it's a safe buy right now as far as not worrying about the price going lower than another $1 - $2/share before moving up a bit.<br><br>
Posted by: starmillway

Re: AAPL - 02/07/08 12:46 PM

Hmmmmm, I'll chew on that for a while <br><br><br><br><br>