AAPL $200

Posted by: margadagio

AAPL $200 - 12/26/07 11:16 AM

Woo Hoo!! <br><br>Predictions for the coming year? I'm predicting a 100% yearly return on my investment.<br><br>
Posted by: Leslie

Re: AAPL $200 - 12/26/07 11:31 AM

Sure hope that comes true for you Marg.<br>I'll do my bit to keep the company solid. <br><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: AAPL $200 - 12/26/07 12:23 PM

AAPL at 400 by the end of 2008? It would be remarkable but I really cannot see a reason why it would not happen. The only thing that would stop it is a total stock market meltdown. Sure, meltdown could happen but there would really be no place to hide your money if that did happen. <br><br>Why it could happen:<br>1) Continued uptick of MacOSX as percentage of operating system that accesses the internet. On my science websites OSX has been going up and quickly. Molecular biologists are ahead of the curve.<br>2) ZFS: just one more card that Jobs has not played yet to keep OSX ahead of the crowd. Not really the initial benefits of ZFS but the ease of use which will kick in during the next few years. Investors will see this future benefit laid out in 2008.<br>3) iPhone/iTouch: the cards not played here are numerous. People are snapping these things up and they don't even have GPS in them. Yet. When they do Jobs will make sure GPS with Maps will blow you away. Will iPhone 2.0 in June 2008 have it? Betcha.<br>4) VOIP over the iPhone and iTouch: Can't do voice over IP until the contract with ATT runs out. Then the iPhone is open to all cell providers but it can also be able to find a wireless node and call out with VOIP. This makes the high price worth it as the monthly bill shrinks. Money to Apple, not the cell provider. Then these iPhones will just be printing money for Apple. Cell providers will beg Apple to let them sell the iPhone on their system even though the phone will not need their system. They will cry but they will have no other option. If the pull a Verizon and cripple the iPhone Apple just says no.<br><br>Apple at 400 end of 2008, sure, high probability. Now your use of the word "yearly" is interesting. Trading at 800 by the end of 2009? Could easily happen. It might also take twenty of those 800 dollar shares to heat your house next winter.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Topper

Re: AAPL $200 - 12/26/07 12:24 PM

Here's hoping <br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Celandine

Re: AAPL $200 - 12/26/07 01:19 PM

LOL Well I hope so.<br>...since in this case,<br>what's good for you<br>is good for us all! <br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>

Re: AAPL $200 - 12/26/07 02:55 PM

One year ago shares were $76. The yearly return is 134%. Not too shabby. <br><br>I believe Mac sales are going through the roof. iPhone sales this Christmas have been brisk. I'm waiting for Canada to get on the bandwagon and a Gen 2 release at which time there will be a double sale in my household. Perhaps Asia will be added to the list by the end of 2008.<br><br>Interesting thoughts on inflation. Perhaps we're fortunate to have stocks such as AAPL to keep ahead of the curve. I'm living on a yearly fixed income from my investments. If I relied on safe stock it couldn't be sustained for many years at the current rates of returns on bonds and other interest bearing shares. The inflation rate both our governments put out are a bunch of BS. I know how much more it costs to live and it isn't 2 - 3 % more than last year. After paying bills and buying groceries I have way less left over for non necessities. I'm not alone. We're all in the same boat.<br><br>
Posted by: Leslie

Re: AAPL $200 - 12/26/07 03:08 PM

I truly hope they go through the roof for you.<br><br>
Posted by: garyW

Re: AAPL $200 - 12/26/07 03:10 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>One year ago shares were $76. The yearly return is 134%. Not too shabby.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Actually, that's 263%. Mo better.<br><br><br><br>

Re: AAPL $200 - 12/26/07 03:35 PM

You're right! Thanks. <br><br>Even more amazing. <br><br>
Posted by: Lea

Re: AAPL $200 - 12/26/07 04:00 PM

Pffft. Obviously, there's no proven correlation between basic math and success in the market.<br><br><br><br><br>Edit: Crap! I needed a winky! I meant winky! <br> [img]/images/wwwthreads/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/wwwthreads/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/wwwthreads/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/wwwthreads/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/wwwthreads/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/wwwthreads/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/wwwthreads/icons/wink.gif[/img] <br><br><br><br>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Lea on 12/26/07 07:02 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: AAPL $200 - 12/26/07 04:20 PM

I blame Market Watch.<br><br>This is what I read today:<br><br>The latest surged in Apple's shares has pushed the stock up 134% for the year and created an impression that, at least for the time being, the company is nearly invincible in the computer and consumer electronics markets.<br><br>If my brain wasn't so muddled by more eating and boozing today I would have clued in. That's my excuse for now. <br><br>

Re: AAPL $200 - 12/26/07 04:49 PM

Hey, you get to laugh all the way to the bank. <br><br>Sigh, this thread has given me a serious case of APPL envy. Ha! Bet there was no such a thing five years ago. <br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>
Posted by: garyW

Re: AAPL $200 - 12/26/07 04:50 PM

I'm sure there's some finance jargon that distinguishes between 'return', 'growth' etc., whatever ...a share purchased at $76 becoming $200 is a good thing. Of course if the stock splits Carp will argue that the $200 share is worth more ... and you know, this time I might actually believe him. <br><br><br>

Re: AAPL $200 - 12/26/07 04:51 PM

LOL!<br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>
Posted by: Pete

Re: AAPL $200 - 12/26/07 04:54 PM

I got in at $15.02. <br><br><br>[color:purple]Work With ____! </font color=purple>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: AAPL $200 - 12/26/07 05:09 PM

"I got in at $15.02."<br><br>Are you serious? Congratulations!!!<br><br>- alec -
Posted by: iRock

Re: AAPL $200 - 12/26/07 07:34 PM

We got in at $32 at first then added a little more at $34. We had $70 shares. It has split twice since. Hubby wants to hang on to it as long as possible.<br><br>oh yeah, that's going in the blog
Posted by: carp

Re: AAPL $200 - 12/26/07 09:02 PM

[color:blue]Carp will argue that the $200 share is worth more ... and you know, this time I might actually believe him.</font color=blue> -- Ahhh well you should I think <br><br>Anyway<br>I spent a good part of the day "calculating" irregular shaped hills with irregular sloping conditions <-- So I am kinda brain fried in the math department right now will get back to this 200 buck thing later <br><br>
Posted by: Pete

Re: AAPL $200 - 12/27/07 11:26 AM

I'm totally serious, but unfortunately I didn't buy a heck of a lot. I made enough on it to puff my chest out a bit, but not enough to retire or anything... <br><br>And chances are I'll be leaving my earnings alone anyway. So it's all just Monopoly money until I actually sell it. <br><br><br>[color:purple]Work With ____! </font color=purple>
Posted by: mojo_jojo

Re: AAPL $200 - 12/27/07 03:44 PM

There's only a return when you sell. Apple has yet to pay quarterly dividends back to its shareholders. So, in reality you have not made a gain or realized any of the companies profits. Unlike my personal favorite in the dividend paying category, ExxonMobil. Pays a quarterly dividend back without missing a beat for over 75 years. <br><br>

Re: AAPL $200 - 12/27/07 04:01 PM

A good portfolio has a mix of both kinds of stocks.<br><br>
Posted by: G4Dualie

Re: AAPL $200 - 12/27/07 08:48 PM

This guy, Coleman says Apple shares will hit $600 in 18 months! He's the chief investment officer working for a company that owns 7 million shares of Apple stock!<br><br>He's the one who said at the first of the year, Apple would hit the 200 dollar mark.<br><br><br>M i c h a e l (OFI)

Re: AAPL $200 - 12/28/07 03:54 AM

I'd agree with Colman if it weren't for the fact AAPL will be affected by the overall market performance and global events.<br><br>AAPL rose to $203 yesterday before plunging on the news of Bhutto's assassination. I doubt they sell many Macs or iPods in Pakistan but there ya go. <br><br>
Posted by: FSM

Re: AAPL $200 - 05/25/08 12:19 PM

back to $181 5 months later, which is still up $60 from a few months ago.<br><br>--<br>[color:red] Kansas Jayhawks -- 2008 National Champions </font color=red>

Re: AAPL $200 - 05/25/08 12:31 PM

Could be back to $200 before June 9th. After that watch for a big sell-off again.<br><br>

Re: AAPL $200 - 07/21/08 09:02 PM

after hours trading, AAPL is back into the $140s. not good news for folks who were seeing it hit $400 this year. <br><br>--<br>[color:red] Kansas Jayhawks -- 2008 National Champions </font color=red>

Re: AAPL $200 - 07/21/08 09:58 PM

Got out at 171 last week. Got something big I need to buy and won't have two nickels to rub together to buy stocks for some time. If it shoots up to 400 I will cry. <br><br>

Re: AAPL $200 - 07/21/08 10:14 PM

yeah, your new vacation digs are already making you money. <br><br>fwiw, i don't think there is much of a chance that it ends the year over $250, let alone $400. my guess is that it will be stagnant for a spell and then maybe climb back into the $180s after a month or 2. <br><br>--<br>[color:red] Kansas Jayhawks -- 2008 National Champions </font color=red>
Posted by: SacredBovine

Re: AAPL $200 - 07/22/08 01:27 AM

Pre-Market: 149.00 -17.29 (-10.40%) - Jul 22, 4:03AM EDT <br><br>Weird behavior on aapl. Looks like the plunge continues on the new day. Maybe there's something we don't know that the big boys know. Time for me to make a decision I think.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: keymaker

Re: AAPL $200 - 07/22/08 01:34 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Maybe there's something we don't know that the big boys know.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Well, we know that Apple warned of a $500m reduction in expected sales for the last quarter.<br><br>km<br><br>

Re: AAPL $200 - 07/22/08 01:48 AM

And we know that Apple consistently projects low so they can just as consistently beat their guidance. So, do you have a point?<br><br>10% drop in one day is pretty dramatic. It seems to me to be out of proportion to the usual aapl behavior.<br><br>But if you have evidence to the contrary, I'm happy to hear it.<br><br>

Re: AAPL $200 - 07/22/08 02:11 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Apple consistently projects low so they can just as consistently beat their guidance. So, do you have a point?<p><hr></blockquote><p>Yes, the market still reacts to such forecasts whether it's logical to do so or not.<br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>10% drop in one day is pretty dramatic. It seems to me to be out of proportion to the usual aapl behavior.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Factors include recessionary tendencies, exceptionally low consumer confidence and fears about Steve Jobs' health.<br><br>km<br><br>

Re: AAPL $200 - 07/22/08 02:34 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Yes, the market still reacts to such forecasts whether it's logical to do so or not.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Yes, well thanks for that. I'm almost sure I would have missed that if you hadn't pointed out the obvious. So, well done.<br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Factors include recessionary tendencies, exceptionally low consumer confidence and fears about Steve Jobs' health.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Uh huh. So now I know exactly what caused that unusually steep drop in aapl value. The self same things that didn't cause it last quarter. Great.<br><br>Appreciate your contribution. Everything's jolly good then. Right-oh. <br><br>Cheers.<br><br>

Re: AAPL $200 - 07/22/08 02:49 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I'm almost sure I would have missed that...<p><hr></blockquote><p>Well, you obviously did miss it. I've provided the explanation and you're still stuck for one. <br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Uh huh. So now I know exactly what caused that unusually steep drop in aapl value. The self same things that didn't cause it last quarter. Great.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Doh, you're going to lose a lot of money if you think that what happens in one quarter has to happen in the next. Influential factors are changing all the time, as I've pointed out...<br><br>km<br><br>

Re: AAPL $200 - 07/22/08 03:15 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I'm almost sure I would have missed that if you hadn't pointed out the obvious.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Better if you quote the whole phrase. And your explanation was plainly inadequate, hence my response.<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Doh, you're going to lose a lot of money if you think that what happens in one quarter has to happen in the next.<p><hr></blockquote><p>I don't see any evidence that I "think that what happens in one quarter has to happen in the next". I do believe in cause and effect though. Apparently you don't. Or maybe you just feel obligated to invent spurious strawman arguments in order to score online points?<br><br>But I thank you once again for pointing out the obvious with your "Influential factors are changing all the time, as I've pointed out" comment. Pity you haven't been able to "point out" why in a fiscal climate almost identical to the last quarter, Apple's shares have taken the unexpected, somewhat radical drop that my original post references.<br><br>When you can add something other than repeating your lack of anything insightful, I'll be interested to hear your point of view. Until then, thanks for absolutely nothing.<br><br>Cheers.<br><br>

Re: AAPL $200 - 07/22/08 04:04 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Pity you haven't been able to "point out" why in a fiscal climate almost identical to the last quarter, Apple's shares have taken the unexpected, somewhat radical drop that my original post references.<p><hr></blockquote><p>The fiscal climate is only half the story. You're looking for some hidden factor beyond those appearing in the thread and the financial press when there isn't one. <br><br>km<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: AAPL $200 - 07/22/08 06:05 AM

I think the lack of information about Jobs' health is a key factor in all this. They as much said so in most analyst articles. The back-to-school quarter is bound to rebound and give the ole' Apple logo a good polishing.<br><br>
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: AAPL $200 - 11/13/08 09:48 AM

Originally Posted By: polymerase
AAPL at 400 by the end of 2008? It would be remarkable but I really cannot see a reason why it would not happen. The only thing that would stop it is a total stock market meltdown. Sure, meltdown could happen but there would really be no place to hide your money if that did happen.

You prophesized the market meltdown 12-26-07! smile

Would you now tell us when the economy will be back to normal!

What is the method you use? Crystal ball? or . . .

*Today at 9:36 AAPL $88.20

Posted by: neil

Re: AAPL $200 - 11/13/08 09:54 AM

Yeah -- this is insane.

In talking with our advertisers, they are not seeing a drop in revenue. They are maintaining the same levels as last year or larger, as a general rule. There are some exceptions ... like those trying to get financing and such.

We're seeing that there was such explosive growth in market SHARE that it's generally overcome the drop in market SIZE for Apple and the third parties.

Just my two cents worth.

Re: AAPL $200 - 11/13/08 10:18 AM

Just go into any Apple store and watch the traffic. People aren't simply browsing, they're buying.

Dell on the other hand...

With a few exceptions, tech analysts don't have a clue about AAPL. They lump Apple in with the likes of Dell or HP. Unfortunately the majority of investors are clueless as well.

Apple's biggest problem has been the large hedge funds manipulating the stock. Steve Jobs has even made this claim. Right now these funds are having to unload stock at an increased rate which lowers the stock price. I won't be surprised to see AAPL in the $60 range. I'll be happy when most of the hedge funds go belly up. Growth will be slower but there will be less volatility.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: AAPL $200 - 11/13/08 10:38 AM

I think at this point the fall in the market is driven entirely by fears about credit, and that fear just feeds off itself. I don't see a bottom yet.

Re: AAPL $200 - 11/13/08 10:41 AM

Originally Posted By: KateSorensen

AAPL at 400 by the end of 2008? It would be remarkable but I really cannot see a reason why it would not happen. The only thing that would stop it is a total stock market meltdown. Sure, meltdown could happen but there would really be no place to hide your money if that did happen.

You prophesized the market meltdown 12-26-07! smile
Would you now tell us when the economy will be back to normal!
What is the method you use? Crystal ball? or . . .

*Today at 9:36 AAPL $88.20

Wow, I forgot I mentioned that. Why am I not running the Fed?? confused blush And to put the shine on the apple I got completely out of the market during the week of July 22 as I got ready to buy a summer house. I wish I was an economic genius or something and did it because I knew what was coming. Truth is I needed all my cash. Stocks were all in weird Biotech/Apple/Nintendo/ which have been hammered the most since. One of my biggest biotechs is now trading at less than 2 bucks. (I would have been severely hosed and not able to buy a chicken coop today.)

Completely opposite to what I usually do with stock. Buy high and sell low. I'm taking a break for three years since I don't have two nickels to rub together. (Kids in college to fund.)

When I wrote that I said there would be nowhere to hide but I was wrong. Cheap houses. It is a buyer's market. I still have the call back from the realtor on my cell phone setting up an appointment. "It's really busy everyone wants to see it." Hilarious.

Re: AAPL $200 - 11/13/08 11:02 AM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52
I think at this point the fall in the market is driven entirely by fears about credit, and that fear just feeds off itself. I don't see a bottom yet.
There is no reason to believe the cat has bounced or it is on a cliff edge and we haven't seen a real drop yet. Totally uncharted waters. There is no reason to believe the volatile up and down free fall will not stop until say Spring of 2010. There are two many bombs set to go off and the tools to defuse them are gone.

What is the Fed going to do when the other shoe drops and the ten trillion dollar debt starts hyper inflating? Can they lower rates? Sorry, already at 1%. The only thing they can do is print more money which they will do but double digit inflation has to happen. There is no other way to get out of a ten trillion dollar debt. You have to make it worth less than it is. This is something Shooshie has pointed out for years and it will happen. Unless your income is tied to inflation hold onto your hats. A 14 % raise will mean you are back pedaling. Sucks but do you have to be over 50 to remember inflation? 70's and stagflation will look like a picnic compared to honest to god hyper inflation.

The US savior is a new economy. Biotechnology, stem cell, nanosphere, nanotechnology, green tech, solar, wind. Start buying stock in IPOs with MIT scientists on the board and nano something in the name. It will be like buying Polaroid in 1950. Stay away from ethanol, biofuel.

It won't take long. Six years and we will be laughing about all the money we wasted buying oil to fuel cars. The nanosphere batteries will be 700 bucks a fill up but flipping burgers at Mickey D's will be $650 an hour.

Re: AAPL $200 - 11/13/08 11:39 AM

And to put the shine on the apple I got completely out of the market during the week of July 22 as I got ready to buy a summer house. I wish I was an economic genius or something and did it because I knew what was coming. Truth is I needed all my cash.
i jumped out in August with AAPL in the $170s. i felt horrible because i was just sure it was going to turn around and head back up but i needed the money for Europe. i would have now been sitting on less than 1/2 my money and instead have wonderful memories to last a lifetime. and the money that is left over bought a new Civic hybrid (which amounted to what i would have lost had i just left it all in AAPL). we both had very lucky timing.
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: AAPL $200 - 11/13/08 12:24 PM

Quote:
Wow, I forgot I mentioned that. Why am I not running the Fed?? confused blush And to put the shine on the apple I got completely out of the market during the week of July 22 as I got ready to buy a summer house. I wish I was an economic genius or something and did it because I knew what was coming.

I'm consider converting to your religion! smile Your god has been good to you.

and

Your waterfront home -- Apple helped move you in! smile

Re: AAPL $200 - 11/13/08 12:40 PM

There is no reason to believe the cat has bounced or it is on a cliff edge and we haven't seen a real drop yet. Totally uncharted waters. There is no reason to believe the volatile up and down free fall will not stop until say Spring of 2010. There are two many bombs set to go off and the tools to defuse them are gone.

[edit]There were two bombs but my brain decided not to talk about the second one so "too" is better. Also described health of cat. It's a dead cat. Strap it on a bird perch and squeeze it so it chirps it is still one dead cat. Dead cats bounce but necrotic and debreeded feline can actually slide down a drain without even a meow.

ps. if you are too late to edit you can type away forever, submit and THEN it tells you it is too too (two toos) late. With the cat description I was trying to find out how many words you can put in the "reason for edit" box.

Re: AAPL $200 - 11/13/08 02:30 PM

Schrödinger's??

Re: AAPL $200 - 11/13/08 03:41 PM

Ha, no, this cat would be simultaneously dead and dead.

Re: AAPL $200 - 02/24/09 02:37 PM

My prediction. The dead cat has finished bouncing and we are going up. Today was not dead cat. "It's alive!" We are going to have even higher unemployement but the market is the first to start recovering and I smell it.

Feel free to bring this thread back up when the market tanks another 30% in the next month.

Re: AAPL $200 - 02/24/09 03:27 PM

Interesting. My advisor called today and we had a long chat. The market of late has been driven by fear. He figures we're near bottom and he also said he wouldn't be surprised to see the market rise fast. He also said the markets will go up long before unemployment gets better.

um... he's steered my portfolio pretty good, all things considering. Wishful thinking? laugh

Re: AAPL $200 - 02/24/09 04:27 PM

There is money on the sidelines so once there is a sniff of bottom this thing will rise fast and way way before hiring kicks in. At least it seems to have worked that way in the past. There is a new fear out there since the new market players in the past twenty years have never seen a loss as what we have just taken so they will be very skittish but it will take off. if Obama would just take over BOA and Citi and get over it.

NPR being chatty this morning talking about bank nationalization, we could go SOB (state owned banks) or call it the Swedish model. I would go for a Swedish model any day.

Re: AAPL $200 - 02/24/09 04:43 PM

Do a Google image search for swedish models. You'll like it. Trust me.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: AAPL $200 - 02/24/09 04:49 PM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52
Do a Google image search for swedish models. You'll like it. Trust me.
I'll always trust you now. I had to do it of course, and you're very right about that.

Re: AAPL $200 - 02/24/09 09:00 PM

smile

Re: AAPL $200 - 10/14/09 09:05 PM

My prediction. The dead cat has finished bouncing and we are going up. Today was not dead cat. "It's alive!" We are going to have even higher unemployement but the market is the first to start recovering and I smell it.

Feel free to bring this thread back up when the market tanks another 30% in the next month.

Wow, did I call the bottom or what? Feb 24 I called it and AAPL made its last tick down a couple of weeks later on March 6 at 86 and now is at 191 with a healthy DOW climbing past 10,000.

There may be a point in time within a year that AAPL market cap goes past MSFT. That will be the day Ballmer is officially rated as someone who took a golden egg and turned it to lead.

Re: AAPL $200 - 10/14/09 09:14 PM

Irrational exuberance all over again.

Re: AAPL $200 - 10/14/09 09:22 PM

Ah, no raining on this parade. There is rain for nine more months if you don't have a job. And the inflation rate will kick in and will keep time with the DOW ticking up or at least it better as the debt load on our economy has to become less valued and that is the only way to do it.

Now my exuberance is not saying AAPL at 400 in a year. Those days are gone. 223 by Christmas and 285 by end of 2010. Not a bad return. Of course as Reboot has pointed out, no return at all unless you sell.

[edit] and if you go back and look at my posts I called it right all the way through. Nothing irrational about it. Just didn't know exactly when the meltdown would occur. I blundered on that by pure fortuitous accident.

The other part I have gotten wrong is I thought hyper inflation would show up and it hasn't. Or not so you would notice. But at interest rates scraping the bottom an inflation rate of 8.5 would be huge.
Posted by: DLC

Re: AAPL $200 - 10/15/09 02:17 PM

Hey guys !

Yep could hit the big $200 in the next week or 2...

Intel came in yesterday with better than expected earnings and sales..

then IBM and Google did today also . . Woo Hoo ! laugh

and even lowly AMD, while no profit, lost much less than the market expected. (18 cents vs the 42 expected)

The TECH sector is definitely rising and they now are saying much is business purchases not just consumers... GREAT News !
More indications the {Bush wink } recession is ending . . AND sooner than expected.. so maybe next year the jobs will return ... earlier than expected.