anyone having a bad AAPL day?

Posted by: garyW

anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/12/07 07:50 PM

lost about 13 today, still falling at 152.35 in after hours trading. That's a $40 loss since Oct 22.<br><br><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/12/07 08:07 PM

AAPL seems like a decent stock but when you build your base on the American economy today you are building on quicksand, It is a house of cards. A Ponzi scheme which is now owned by the Chinese. Our government has floated one too many treasury notes to back a ballooning debt. <br><br>We likely won't pay for it this week. Chances are the stock market will just have a hiccup. Or not. Bobsled to hyperinflation is inevitable and these might be the outward signs.<br><br>It is really very simple. Look at our national debt. That number which keeps getting bigger. As the millions of people who are having their houses this month sold at auction, you cannot keep mortgaging your house endlessly. Sooner or later you have to pay up.<br><br>Gee, but the rich aren't screwed. Bush is not screwed. The only people screwed are fixed income or slow rising salaries. Double digit inflation will chew you up and spit you out.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/12/07 08:41 PM

High inflation has a couple of terrific advantages for people with lots of cash--they can earn a high interest rate with almost zero risk. It's also great for people with a lot of debt--the money borrowed when a dollar cost a dollar will be repaid when the dollar costs a fraction of a dollar. Pretty sucky for everyone else.<br><br>&#63743; &#63743; &#63743; &#63743;

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/12/07 08:47 PM

With hyperinflation it is best to have both. Big debt and a lot of cash. Shoot, it's those rich people who would be smart enough to have debt which becomes less onerous and cash to make hyper interest on. <br><br>Makes perfect sense. Greed will be good again because if you aren't greedy you are toast. Where did my cheese go? (That is a sarcastic reference to the cheese, I never bought the book but the era is right.)<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: zwei

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/12/07 09:20 PM

I'm buying some AAPL tomorrow<br><br>zweisoft<br>
Posted by: FSM

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/12/07 10:14 PM

it's still up pretty good since August . . . actually, on 8.17.07 it was $117 and today it's in the $150s. that's a great profit!<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/13/07 03:31 AM

Gee, but the rich aren't screwed.<br><br>I want to ask a question pertaining to that statemnent. Not being sarcastic or trying to set anyone up, but an honest question.<br><br><br>Isn't it a bit unfair to say that in relation to the economy and inflation? To lump everyone who is rich into one pile?<br><br>I'm not rich by any stretch of the imagination. But my oldest brother would probably be considered rich. He made his money through real estate (buildings, not houses) and retired when he was 38.<br><br>He made his money by investing and buying out a owner. <br><br>Another example is Bill Gates. (I'm not comparing my brother to him! heh) Granted, Bill started up Microsoft and I'm sure that the business practice isn't the best, but he did make a lot of money. Now he donates a lot to charity and stuff. (I don't want to get into where and how because I don't know and don't care)<br><br>The point is that why do people have a tendency to say rich people are bad? Sure, some may be, but not all....<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/13/07 04:15 AM

There are certainly many levels of "rich" - my wife would argue that we are rich, because we have everything we need. Like you, I don't consider myself money-rich by any stretch.<br><br>However, getting back to the topic (sort of). Most "rich" people are thought of as bad because they're assholes about it. Plain and simple. They get money and all of a sudden they've forgotten what real life is about, and what a real "problem" is. Nothing pisses me off more than hearing someone who's obviously money-rich complaining about the economy.<br><br>CreativeGuy for daily tips, tricks and commentary on all things graphic design.

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/13/07 04:29 AM

I understand what you are saying and I'm not defending the snobby ones.<br><br><br>But, if a rich person is invested in stocks, which I'm sure some are, wouldn't the effects of the economy affect them too?<br><br>

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/13/07 05:23 AM

Did I say the rich are bad? That would be nutty. And unless your brother has more than five million in equity, he isn't what I define as rich. I mean the top 2%. The rules are being rewritten so that this ultra rich (new definition) rake in more, keep more, while the bottom really lose out.<br><br>Your brother is likely smart enough to keep his riches in investment tools which are hyper inflation resistant. He hopefully has that elbow room. He is not tied to a salary which cannot rise more than 6% per year or be tied to an income that cannot rise at 20% or more per year. <br><br>I'm not saying that being able to buffer oneself from hyper inflation is bad but that the people who are setting us up for hyper inflation are not going to be hurt by it.<br><br>Example: Bush and the Iraq war will likely be the tipping point for our national debt. The chinese will stop buying our treasury paper. The US will then have to allow that paper debt to become much less of a burden. The only way that can happen is hyper inflation. A trillion dollars is just not that big a deal if it only buys a tenth of what it does today. In order to buy a loaf of bread or a cup of coffee will be difficult for people who only have so many static dollars to buy that coffee. The "rich", and your brother likely is one of them, will not feel this pinch because all of his investments will rise with the hyper inflation tide.<br><br>Salaried employees will not fare so well. If you aren't making good six figures you will be having a hard time getting your kid's college paid for.<br><br>So, to reiterate, nothing against the rich, just the way some rich are protecting themselves from being poor. George Soros says it is ludicrous that his tax rate is less than his secretary's tax rate. I wold agree. George Bush thinks it is great.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/13/07 05:27 AM

ah, ok...that makes sense. Thanks.<br><br>If you aren't making good six figures you will be having a hard time getting your kid's college paid for.<br><br>heh...how about those of us not even making 6 figure incomes?! <br><br>

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/13/07 05:32 AM

Pray for the football scholarship.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/13/07 06:14 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>George Soros says it is ludicrous that his tax rate is less than his secretary's tax rate.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Warren Buffett said it as well:<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Warren Buffett, the third-richest man in the world, has criticized the US tax system for allowing him to pay a lower rate than his secretary and his cleaner.<p><hr></blockquote><p><a href="http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/money/tax/article1996735.ece">http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/money/tax/article1996735.ece</a><br><br>pretty crazy that a billionaire pays a lower tax rate than a secretary. sure, he's paying a huge amount more, but he's also saving a larger percentage of his money than the secretary will make in her lifetime . . . and he's saving it annually. that's crazy.<br><br>
Posted by: Celandine

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/13/07 06:52 AM

<br>...now that you've brought it up...<br><br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>
Posted by: DLC

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/13/07 09:23 AM

Good Call... back up Today !<br><br>David (OFI)

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/13/07 09:32 AM

up $14.50 this morning. This is insane <br><br><br>a weak dollar is more powerful than a successful launch of 10.5, iPhones in the UK and Europe with Asia coming up shortly. Apple seems to be doing everything right, and so a 20% drop in less than a month is painful to witness. <br>

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/13/07 09:35 AM

Yeah ...sucky part is that it was up to 160 pre-open. So I ended up getting my shares at 160.98<br><br>153 would have been nice!<br><br>zweisoft<br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/13/07 12:14 PM

The shares are up to $169 as of 3 PM. Good thing you bought when you did. <br><br>Just to rub it in. A volatile market like this is why I strongly suggested to have NO stop/sell. You would lose in a market that is acting this nuts. Markets aren't performing as normal. No sector has been safe. I'm VERY well diversified on a global scale and I still took a beating. Every sector sucks. Even emerging markets and European markets have sunk. Let there be no doubt now. The US economy rules. If it is sick then every other market suffers.<br><br>

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/13/07 12:31 PM

<br>It will be interesting to see what happens<br>to the speculator's market since the new<br>owner of Dow Jones & the Wall St Journal<br><br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/13/07 12:43 PM

I was thinking about waiting another day to see if it would go down a little further ...even though I didn't get full rebound I am glad I got in when I did. <br><br>zweisoft<br>

anyone having a < good > AAPL day? - 11/13/07 12:52 PM

up $16.90. <br><br>I just ride it out .... year after year. Glad you guys see an opportunity to buy when the stock takes these wild dips ... you and the other 56 million shares traded so far today.<br><br>
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/13/07 01:05 PM

Utterly depressing movie!<br><br>Even today if we have Rockefeller/Rothchild types controlling the Federal Reserve and wars/economy is controlled by them for profit of the filthy rich -- there is NOTHING we can do to stop them.<br><br>The Viet Nam war was not meant to be won -- just sustained!<br><br>The Iraq/Afghan wars are not mean to be won -- just sustained for profit!<br><br>Even electing well intentioned people president such as Ron Paul or Gucinich would not do it. The machines behind politics are too big. <br><br>We just do the best we can with what we have.<br><br>I believe the next president is not a matter of electing a person, rather it is electing the machine behind the person.<br><br>Bush isn't our president. It is the machine behind Bush.<br><br>Nothing can be done about it! We can change machines. One for aother and hope it gets a 'little' bit better. <br><br>Pessimistic ain't I? <br><br><br><br>

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/13/07 01:30 PM

AH! That brings us to Mrs. Clinton/Bush...<br><br>...don't tell me you haven't wondered W.T.F.<br>is up with "Slick Willy" & Pappa "H" Bush.<br><br>Even if she wins ...what makes you think<br>that we'll be "changing machines"?<br><br>Reminds me of the set up in "DUNE", when <br>the Emperor sets up the despotic Baron <br>Harkonen as a loathsome figurehead in order <br>to make the people Welcome ANY Change ...<br><br>...when the time was right...<br><br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/13/07 02:25 PM

So do you think I should vote for Romney or the Mayor?<br><br><br><br>I'm still voting for Clinton/Obama so far. Machines are with us to stay. Just switiching a machine might not change anything but, . . . <br><br>We're a long way from the election. How will it change when brother Bush enters the race?<br><br>How will it change when the Swift Boaters get their engines reved up?<br><br>Who will look the dirtiest?<br><br>Who will even have a chance in hell in getting elected when Bush II declares National Emergency and no elections will be held until . . . ?<br><br>A lot can happen, and just might.<br><br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by KateSorensen on 11/13/07 05:29 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: anyone having a < good > AAPL day? - 11/13/07 03:06 PM

my Apple shares are all tied up in Roth IRA accounts and i don't even know how to go about selling and switching to something else since i can't officially take the money out of the Roth IRA. in other words, i will ride everything out every time . . . hopefully i figure out how to shift those funds a few days before Steve Jobs quits. <br><br>

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/13/07 03:35 PM

RIght On, Sitsa' Soulja!<br><br>I'll prolly be a spoiler & write in "Big Al"<br><br>Wot the hey? <br>If he's good enough for SteveJobs, I guess<br>I'd gladly give him a turn at the wheel.<br><br>Better than anyone else, so far. <br><br>btw:<br>NOT "The Mayer"!<br>I live on the "Right Coast"<br>Trust me, Rude-y was on his way OUT when the planes hit! <br>He did WORSE than NOTHING BETWEEN THE 2 WTC INCIDENTS!!!!<br><br>He's just as bigga' "BLOWHARD" as "the Actor"!<br><br>"A Noun, A Verb & '9/11'"<br>Now, there's an idea! Gore/Biden <br><br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/13/07 03:48 PM

"...don't tell me you haven't wondered W.T.F.<br>is up with "Slick Willy" & Pappa "H" Bush."<br><br><br>I know...I know....<br><br>they're trading cigars !! <br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: carp

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/13/07 04:49 PM

[color:blue]pretty crazy that a billionaire pays a lower tax rate than a secretary.</font color=blue> - I agree<br><br>My understanding is of the republican mind set on taxes are.<br><br>1 - Tax breaks for the ultra rich - Republicans believe that offering "incentives" the rich will invest in ventures that create more jobs <-- who knows if this happens or not ? but the theory is sound if the rich really do reinvest in creating more jobs.<br><br><br>2 - Big corporate tax breaks - a tiered tax structure to promote re-investment thats creates more jobs or pay a high profit tax <-- sadly most of this money promotes jobs over seas "outsourcing" instead of jobs in the US.<br><br>Bottom line;<br>Giving the ultra rich a tax break say of 10% of say 10 million dollars, this person would do more to create new jobs. Then say Joe Smoe with a 10% tax break of 30 thousand - Anyway I don't agree with it unless there is real proof that jobs are created from these personal tax breaks.<br><br>

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/13/07 05:03 PM

When Pappa "Haitch" Bush first foisted it on HIS Puppet President,<br>President Ronald Ray-Guns* called the scheme "Trickle-Down Economics".<br><br>Problem was, the only thing to 'trickled down" was the pee on our back<br>that they kept trying to convince us was RAIN! <br><br>*Star Wars Defense, which has been Mobilized by The BushBaby now:<br><br><h2>Active Denial System</h2><br><br><br>::[color:red]Riot Control & Crowd Dispersal</font color=red>::<br><br>Active Denial System PDF<br><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/13/07 05:29 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p><br>1 - Tax breaks for the ultra rich - Republicans believe that offering "incentives" the rich will invest in ventures that create more jobs <-- who knows if this happens or not ? but the theory is sound if the rich really do reinvest in creating more jobs.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Please don't admit you are the last person on the planet that believes in trickle down?<br><br>Rich people spend their money just like everyone else. On stuff that makes them think they are happy. Rich people just spend more. But actually in fewer places.<br><br>I could make up a trickle down theory which calls for a million dollars to poor people will create more jobs than a million to rich people.<br><br>Rich: they buy a watch, a purse and a motorcycle for the million bucks. That employs about 20 people to make those things.<br><br>Poor: they get drunk, buy lottery tickets, burn down their triple decker which the fire dept puts out but arrests their son for selling pot out of the basement. They have only spent 400 bucks and they have already gainfully employed 20 people when you think of the FD and the legal system.<br><br>Trickle down to rich never worked. They just put it in trust funds for their offspring. Poor people spend it immediately on drugs, liquor, movie tickets. Now that's trickle down.<br><br>Rich people are like a US paid for bomb blowing up a building in Iraq during shock and awe. It cost 50 thousand bucks and it is gone in an instant employing the three people on the plane that pushed the button. The same 50 thousand spent by poor people for beer employs hundreds.<br><br>Get more bang for your buck. Take the money you think should be a tax benefit for the rich and go to poor communities and throw it up in the air. Those dollars will be spent (and taxed) over and over again employing many.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Lea

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/13/07 05:58 PM

Cynic.<br><br>You could write a book employing that kind of reasoning. Forget Frekonomics. You'd be rich and it would serve you right, and then you could come to my neighborhood and throw money in the air.<br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/13/07 06:15 PM

Truly, I was not being cynical. I do believe we would get more return by throwing money in the air in poor communities then this ridiculous idea of giving the money to the rich so they can create jobs.<br><br>That's not being cynical, that's power to the people baby let's tear down the system.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/13/07 06:35 PM

Besides which, if the rich are really rich, they'd buy the car, the Rolex, and the yacht in any case, whereas the needier folks wouldn't go out and spend their bundle cause they wouldn't have one.<br><br>&#63743; &#63743; &#63743; &#63743;

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/13/07 06:51 PM

You nailed the 2 basic principles but the NeoCons added #3.<br><br>Rule #3. GOP gives big tax breaks to the wealthy and big contracts to the mega company contractors so they will donate to your re-election chest !! ... it's I'll scratch your butt- if you'll save mine !! <br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: carp

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/13/07 07:20 PM

[color:blue]Please don't admit you are the last person on the planet that believes in trickle down?</font color=blue> <-- I don't thats why I posted the comment in the original post. See below<br><br>" "Anyway I don't agree with it unless there is real proof that jobs are created from these personal tax breaks." "<br><br>
Posted by: Lea

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/13/07 08:31 PM

Truly, I was not being serious. <br><br>I'm trying to cut back on the winkies.<br><br>It's hard. It's hard work.<br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:blue]I always deserve it. Really.</font color=blue><br><br>

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/14/07 06:12 AM

How to Spend 1.5 Billion Dollars<br>01:10<br><center><br><object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ef_blCCBJp0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ef_blCCBJp0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object><br></center><br><br>[color:green]"...or am I a butterfly that's dreaming she's a woman?"</font color=green> [color:green]. . . _ _ _ . . .</font color=green><br>

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/14/07 06:52 AM

Still going up! heh heh<br><br>You were VERY smart to dive in when you did. <br><br>

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/14/07 06:59 AM

Tell me that now, when I was seriously on the phone with my old broker getting ready to transfer the stock my parents got me for my wedding present until he told me it would be $50 or so to transfer it ...I decided it wouldn't be worth it (back when it was $30 a share ...before the split)<br><br>dumbass! <br><br>zweisoft<br>

Re: anyone having a bad AAPL day? - 11/14/07 07:12 AM

A few of us have regrets. I sold back when shares were $33... pre split. <br><br>I jumped back in and bought at $72... after split and recently at $128.<br><br>