Posted by: yoyo52

How's this for a rumor?! - 08/29/07 04:49 PM

VW, Apple 'iCar' in the works?<br><br>&#63743; &#63743; &#63743; &#63743;
Posted by: trey

Re: How's this for a rumor?! - 08/29/07 04:56 PM

That would be one expensive car!<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: How's this for a rumor?! - 08/29/07 06:42 PM

Well 70% of cars already have iPod integration - So I suspect iPhone integration coming soon via a much larger touch screen built into the cars dash at which you plug your iPhone into would make sense to me.<br><br>I also liked the comments at the bottom <br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: How's this for a rumor?! - 08/29/07 06:44 PM

iBrakes not available.<br><br> <br><br>
Posted by: garyW

Re: How's this for a rumor?! - 08/30/07 07:59 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> ... 70% of cars already have iPod integration<p><hr></blockquote><p>Anyone else have it in their car and is happy with it? VW&Apple can do a whole lot better than Audi.<br><br>I purchased my new Audi A4 with the integrated iPod system, and I rarely use it except for long road trips. First, the iPod navigition controls become nonfunctional and I must use the in dash display ... which only allows for 6 playlists with no song/artist info shown, just song number. So I make 6 playlists (if I skip one than the entire iPod library is shown as a "playlist"). That makes it awkward and limiting ... given that I expected the iPod integration to allow me to use my iPod as I normally use it. Oh well.<br><br>The bottom line for me is the sound quality ... which is extremely weak compared to playing original CDs. My music is all 320/48 and sounds great on headphones through the iPod, but not through the adapter and the car stereo.<br><br>I'll blame the Audi iPod software. The sound system in the car is fantastic, the iPod alone is incredible, but the iPod integration into the car is a major disappointment. I prefer just to keep the 6-CD player well stocked. <br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: ezyrider

Re: How's this for a rumor?! - 08/30/07 08:52 AM

Here's the iPod integration on my '04 Xterra...<br><br><br><br>The DLO unit has remarkably good sound quality through the FM radio. The only drawback is that I can't crank it up enough. My next big freelance project will pay for a better sound system with "real" iPod integration.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Pete

Re: How's this for a rumor?! - 08/30/07 09:08 AM

70%? Really? <br><br>Did you mean 70% of *new* cars, because I'm pretty sure my wife's grandfather's 1986 Mercury Cougar doesn't have an AUX jack. <br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: How's this for a rumor?! - 08/30/07 09:39 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>iBrakes not available.<p><hr></blockquote><p>OMG, Apple is totally reading my threads.<br><br>
Posted by: Lea

Re: How's this for a rumor?! - 08/30/07 09:49 AM

<br><br><br>You should sue Apple for theft of intellectual property. I'll expect a cut for my suggestion, of course.<br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:blue]I always deserve it.</font color=blue><br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: How's this for a rumor?! - 08/30/07 12:05 PM

Good [self-censored] Trog! You must be a prophet. Gonna start a religion, do you think? <br><br>&#63743; &#63743; &#63743; &#63743;
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: How's this for a rumor?! - 08/30/07 02:03 PM

My wife got me this radio for father's day. I like it a lot.<br><br><br><br><br>my beer blog<br>
Posted by: garyW

Re: How's this for a rumor?! - 08/30/07 02:28 PM

I read many reviews that claimed the hardwired iPod adapter has a much better sound quality than those that use FM, there was no question about that. My complaint is that the integrated iPod system still doesn't compare to CDs ... so I'll continue mostly with the CDs in the car. Maybe the issue is really the great sound already in the car with all the factory installed speakers (8, 10 ... I'm not sure) and that the difference between the CD (aiff) and the iPod (mp3) is really noticed at high volume.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: How's this for a rumor?! - 08/30/07 07:53 PM

Well [color:blue]Did you mean 70% of *new* cars</font color=blue> of-course not unless the iPod came out before the 1986 Mercury Cougar was introduced. Anyway I believe that even if Apple says 70% of new cars, it really means that 70% have the "option" for iPod connectivity .<br><br>