Posted by: Mississauga

Re: AAPL - 01/09/07 12:55 PM

... and RIM is taking a bit of a beating.... down $12+<br><br>- alec -
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: AAPL - 01/09/07 01:24 PM

Interesting <br><br>APPL closed up 7.10<br><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: AAPL - 01/10/07 07:02 AM

And this morning it just keeps on going up whilst tech stocks in general are being beat up. Busted through their 52 week high with 100 stock price ready to tumble. I bet by the weekend it will blow by that number without looking back.<br><br>Give the man a nicer jet, he earned it.<br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Pete

Re: AAPL - 01/10/07 07:07 AM

Question is - to sell? <br><br>
Posted by: sean

Re: AAPL - 01/10/07 07:13 AM

yep, i think so.<br><br>my stock broker has been calling me for a month and i avoid his calls. i keep meaning to switch to a new company but i need to get my wife involved and this is low priority for her. now i want to call and sell, but i don't want to speak to the guy who i haven't called back. doh. so, you go ahead and sell and i'll hold onto appl until i finally get my wife moving. doh.<br><br>--<br>"I am mindful that diversity is one of the strengths of the country" --president bush on 9/27/05

Re: AAPL - 01/10/07 07:18 AM

Sell? Ah, if I knew the answer to that question I would be having a 600 dollar lunch today and ordering an iPhone. For me, and likely you, Apple is a very dangerous stock to own. Why? Because you love the company. Or lurve to quote Woody allen. (A mixture of lust and love.) Because of that there is a large danger of holding it right through obvious sell sings and we ride it all the way down.<br><br>But let us think about the best and the worst case scenario. <br><br>Worst; Jobs is sent to jail, iPhone spectacular flop, Leopard ships with a virus and Al Gore's iPhone sets his thinning hair on fire.<br><br>Best: Jobs has hit another home run and the stock breaks 100 by Friday, split next week and is back nipping at 100 by the intro in June.<br><br>The only worst case that I think is probable is that everyone is sick of hearing about the iPhone by the end of next week and there is a dip of 12%. If you are into selling and buying I would sell next Friday at 3PM and repurchase on the following Tuesday.<br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: AAPL - 01/10/07 07:18 AM

Actually I was thinking of only selling half my shares and then just buying more when the stock went back down...<br><br>It's more of a hobby for me than anything else - I plan to pass down the stock through my family and hope *they* don't sell it to make a quick buck someday...<br><br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: AAPL - 01/10/07 07:22 AM

Never having bought stock, is there a minimum amount to purchase?<br><br>

Re: AAPL - 01/10/07 07:44 AM

Not sure if AAPL has a minimum but considering that the transaction costs 12 bucks (unless you load your etrade account up with 50K then they transaction is free.) you don't want to be buying a hundred bucks worth.<br><br>Do not take advice about stocks from me but,<br><br>1) Scrape one thousand bucks together.<br>2) Open an etrade account during lunch today and put the oneK in.<br>3) Wait five business days. (Etrade just put this in a few months ago. It sucks but you can't use the dollars in a trade until the 5 days pass.)<br>4) put it all on one number (I guess in this case it would be AAPL.)<br>5) Try to keep your logging into etrade down to once a week.<br>6) Think of it as leagalized gambling and do not commit your kid's college fund.<br>7) If your number doubles in value sell half and from then on you are playing with house money.<br>8) From then on just buy low sell high.<br><br>Easy right? Since I am having Raman noodles for lunch today I gotta stop getting rule number 8 backwards. And rule number 7 is for pussies, I say "let it all ride, baby needs a new pair of shoes!!"<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: AAPL - 01/10/07 08:23 AM

Only one thing - does etrade still have that policy whereby you have to have a certain dollar value to your account otherwise they charge you a quarterly fee?<br><br>I've been using Sharebuilder for quite a while because etrade was charging me those fees, but SB's trading fee is a smidge higher - $15.95...<br><br>
Posted by: Jashue

Re: AAPL - 01/10/07 08:56 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>5) Try to keep your logging into etrade down to once a week.<br><p><hr></blockquote><p>Why is that? I think I've logged into my etrade account 50 times during the last five days (since buying 10 more shares last week). <br><br>Granted, I'm an obsessive compulsive type on vacation (too much time on my hands), but this sure is a fun ride!<br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: AAPL - 01/10/07 09:23 AM

"Question is - to sell?"<br><br>NO! I'd risk buying, right now. There's almost NO doubt in my mind the patented technologies Jobs spoke of will be introduced into other products in the next short while. AND, when/if the iPhone proves its performance and stability, dramatic further increases in share prices can be expected. I believe this is only the beginning of radical changes and unthought of innovations from Apple Inc.<br><br>Watch for a stock split in coming weeks.<br><br>- alec -

Re: AAPL - 01/10/07 09:23 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>5) Try to keep your logging into etrade down to once a week.<p><hr></blockquote><p>No financial reason. More a mental health reason. I can never go a week but I try. If you log on too much you might start thinking all those green numbers means you have made a lot of money and you are a stock trading genius. That only occurs if you actually sell and make money. Until you pull the trigger on the sell button all you have done is throw 12 dollars away.<br><br>So I log in again and get this:<br><br>The stock has run nearly 15% off of yesterday's low and roughly 27% off late Dec low. Clearly momentum is on its side but Fib extension targets, used by technical traders when no obvious resistance is available for potential profit taking, have been met in recent action today at 97.60/97.77 -- session high 97.80 (click for chart).<br> <br><br>The profit takers are about to clip the wings just a tad. Ah, screw that. Go baby go!!!! MOMENTUM!!!<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: AAPL - 01/10/07 10:30 AM

Watch for a stock split in coming weeks.<br><br>In which case I'll probably just wait for that and buy more.<br><br>
Posted by: sean

Re: AAPL - 01/10/07 11:23 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>If your number doubles in value sell half and from then on you are playing with house money.<p><hr></blockquote><p>that's what i did last year about this time. i bought in the low 40s (sept 06) and sold over 80, but i only sold 1/2 keeping my original investment intact (1/2 to a good mutual fund). now, i have play money in APPL. <br><br>--<br>"I am mindful that diversity is one of the strengths of the country" --president bush on 9/27/05