More rumors..

Posted by: OSXaddict

More rumors.. - 01/06/03 03:12 PM

A friend of mine at another board who works for AMD posted that Apple will introduce something tomorrow that is powered by AMD and uses 802.11g..<br>and someone on iChat who shall remain nameless kinda sorta confirmed this thing...a digital hub thing.<br><br>So hopefully tomorrow will bring us something new!! <br><br><br>
Posted by: bganey

Re: More rumors.. - 01/06/03 03:56 PM

If whatever it is runs OS X, now that would be interesting. <br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: More rumors.. - 01/06/03 04:42 PM

Powered by AMD?? What the heck could that be? I really can't imagine, it can't be a computer. Gimme some ideas? I can't wait!<br><br>
Posted by: hayesk

Re: More rumors.. - 01/06/03 04:54 PM

I'm guessing it's just a new 802.11g (54 Mbps) Airport Base Station. The old base station is a 486 computer with a PC Card inside.<br><br>
Posted by: Swatcat

Re: More rumors.. - 01/06/03 04:57 PM

It's all iBS until tomorow<br><br>

Re: More rumors.. - 01/06/03 05:07 PM

rats, that would be pretty dull in my book...<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: More rumors.. - 01/06/03 06:42 PM

Well, we already know Firewire 2 is being released. Apple already released a developer build of the IP over Firewire app, so maybe it has something to do with those. Also, something in the XServe line would possibly use AMD technology, so this is really not that big of a deal for the average Mac user.<br><br><br>Visit Me At My .Mac Site
Posted by: MachOne

Re: More rumors.. - 01/06/03 07:16 PM

The new Airport base station has AMD inside.<br><br>
Posted by: bookrat

Re: More rumors.. - 01/06/03 08:44 PM

John's source has divulged a small piece of info and pointed here<br><br>May be a joke? Who knows...we'll find out real soon.<br><br>[Edit:] Perhaps my dream of an Apple PDA may come to fruition. Or as said we could end up with a new ABS. <br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by bookrat on 01/06/03 11:45 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: More rumors.. - 01/06/03 08:45 PM

Sure, thats good, but with all the hype.... *yawn* ZZzzz<br><br>
Posted by: MachOne

Snork...phewwwww...snork....phewwww... - 01/06/03 09:00 PM

I didn't say it was exciting. I just mentioned that the new base station was AMD powered. <br><br>Remember all that speculation a few months back where Apple and AMD were chatting about collaboration...? I think this effectively garrottes the rumors of AMD making CPUs for Apple.<br><br>No, it's not particularly exciting. <br><br>