.mac going offline during keynote

Posted by: JonnyCat

.mac going offline during keynote - 06/06/05 05:47 AM

from the front page of MM, hmm.... I wonder what 'enhancements' .mac will get today.<br><br>I bet it won't be 'reliability'<br><br>[rant]<br><br>.mac causes nothing but grief for tech support. Typical tech support email - <br><br>Customer: SB doesn't work with my .mac account. <br>Support - can you connect with the Finder? <br>Customer: No<br>Support - your .mac account is probably down and not working.<br><br>or<br><br>Customer: Some of my pictures aren't showing up in my .mac account<br>Support: Are they showing up in your .mac created pages?<br>Customer: No<br>Support: your .mac account is probably down and not working.<br><br>It's like a broken record. <br><br>[/rant]<br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: .mac going offline during keynote - 06/06/05 05:53 AM

Yup. Been having a lot of stalled/failed syncs with iDisk lately. <br><br>
Posted by: MattMac112

Re: .mac going offline during keynote - 06/06/05 05:56 AM

iDisk is always a maddening experience for me. <br><br>When I try and navigate my Pictures folder, or Music folder, it almost always hangs the Finder. I get the spinning wheel of death which eventually leads to a hard restart of my Mac. <br><br>****************<br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: .mac going offline during keynote - 06/06/05 07:39 AM

I've never had any real problems with .mac, but in the last year I've had so many problems with Comcast I probably wouldn't notice. Although the last few days it's been resetting read mail to unread mail.<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: .mac going offline during keynote - 06/06/05 07:48 AM

While .mac is the subject here,may I ask a question?<br>I am a member but also kind of new to this web page thing. I was just looking around for other members of .mac, too get some ideas as how I will display pictures other than just the desktop pictures I tossed out there. <br>Ok, my question ;)<br>Is there a member list or a way I can see who has pages publidshed on .mac?<br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: .mac going offline during keynote - 06/06/05 07:53 AM

Dotmac<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: .mac going offline during keynote - 06/06/05 08:06 AM

DotMac! that explains it. Thank you sir.<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: .mac going offline during keynote - 06/06/05 08:19 AM

The best way is too learn from other people. Let us know if you have any questions. I am on dotmac too under Rockhell but I think you have found my pages already.<br><br>
Posted by: Pete

Re: .mac going offline during keynote - 06/06/05 08:19 AM

I'm betting $10 off on 'WingNuts'.<br><br><br>Back in Black...
Posted by: Bryan

Re: .mac going offline during keynote - 06/06/05 09:21 AM

I know there are a lot of people that use .Mac for a business purpose, so that I can understand. <br><br>But the fact that people subscribe to .Mac for $99 proves only one thing: there's a sucker born every day. <br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: .mac going offline during keynote - 06/06/05 10:47 AM

That's me Bryan and all day too. We have 2 accounts. Hahahaha<br><br>