Keynote to be posted at 9pm Eastern Tomorrow

Posted by: Bryan

Keynote to be posted at 9pm Eastern Tomorrow - 01/10/05 09:27 AM

Link<br><br>
Posted by: snag

Re: Keynote to be posted at 9pm Eastern Tomorrow - 01/10/05 10:43 AM

Maybe they want to avoid a Gatesian fiasco on a live webcast. Or maybe they're worried they'll get fined for showing a little nipple.<br><br>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: Keynote to be posted at 9pm Eastern Tomorrow - 01/10/05 10:50 AM

I think they want to control the coverage through press releases, rather than let everybody watch it and draw their own conclusions. <br><br>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: Keynote to be posted at 9pm Eastern Tomorrow - 01/10/05 11:02 AM

well, it merely delays the thing by a few minutes. i think there is a "...oh, i almost forgot, here is an amazing gadget people will kill for" at the very end of the presentation or something...<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Keynote to be posted at 9pm Eastern Tomorrow - 01/10/05 11:14 AM

Delays it for a few minutes? <br><br>Actually, more like a LOT of minutes. The keynote is at 12pm eastern time, and then posted at 9pm eastern time...9 hours.<br><br>

Re: Keynote to be posted at 9pm Eastern Tomorrow - 01/10/05 11:18 AM

So why now?<br> I could understand if this was the first keynote at the first MWSF, but after a few years of having it done via Quicktime, to revert to this is strange. Backwards, even.<br><br>Like someone else said, why not show off the iSight and have it that way??<br><br>

Re: Keynote to be posted at 9pm Eastern Tomorrow - 01/10/05 11:19 AM

than maybe they are afraid of the store.apple.com /.ing?<br><br>

Re: Keynote to be posted at 9pm Eastern Tomorrow - 01/10/05 11:21 AM

than maybe they are afraid of the store.apple.com /.ing?<br><br>Uh..what?<br><br>

Re: Keynote to be posted at 9pm Eastern Tomorrow - 01/10/05 11:29 AM

slashdotting means receiving too many hits on a site, until it goes completely down. derived from the popular slashdot site. when they post a link to a site the huge user base starts clicking it until the smaller sites usually go down. smaller sites might not even hold an hour. bigger ones slow down terribly. sometimes people create mirrors of sites before posting them on slashdot.<br><br>

Re: Keynote to be posted at 9pm Eastern Tomorrow - 01/10/05 01:05 PM

After I posted my response, I thought that's what you might have meant. I haven't ever visited slashdot.<br><br>So again, why would Apple be worried about slashdot? What's so different about this macworld as opposed to last years?<br><br>
Posted by:

Re: Keynote to be posted at 9pm Eastern Tomorrow - 01/10/05 01:07 PM

"What's so different about this macworld as opposed to last years?"<br><br>Steve will lip synch to the wrong keynote and storm off stage.<br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Keynote to be posted at 9pm Eastern Tomorrow - 01/10/05 01:13 PM

But will he do some weird funky dance thing to try to distract from his inability to sing? <br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Keynote to be posted at 9pm Eastern Tomorrow - 01/10/05 02:02 PM

he probably won't do the dance, but surely he'll blame it on Phil Shiller!<br><br>
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Keynote to be posted at 9pm Eastern Tomorrow - 01/10/05 04:06 PM

You're probably right that the /. effect is causing them to forego real time keynote by quicktime. The internet growth, the high interest in Apple this time and the high value of the stock all combine to a huge bandwidth problem for real time. Wouldn't it cost a zillion dollars for the pipeline to feed us all smooth flowing quicktime netcast? Having a jerky image of Steve doesn't really showcase the product. I doubt he would be showing any nipple but the female audience has risen.<br><br>There will be enough bloggers in the front row sending us the goods.<br><br><br><br><br>

Re: Keynote to be posted at 9pm Eastern Tomorrow - 01/10/05 04:53 PM

Yeah, that I can understand.<br><br>Good thing Stan and company will keep us updated on the front page of MM <br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Keynote to be posted at 9pm Eastern Tomorrow - 01/10/05 04:59 PM

Hopefully. This post at MacRumors is odd.<br><br><br><br><br><br>When did the National Guard turn into the foreign legion?

Re: Keynote to be posted at 9pm Eastern Tomorrow - 01/10/05 05:06 PM

So..if they don't, then people will be hitting up Apple's site to see what's new. Great....as if it's not slow enough during the keynotes...<br><br>