Rumor sites and should I wait?

Posted by: JonnyCat

Rumor sites and should I wait? - 10/31/02 05:12 PM

I checked a bunch of rumor sites and they mention new iBooks to be annouced Nov 5th. I was actually planning to get an iBook tomorrow. Should I wait until Nov 5th? How reliable are these rumor sites?<br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Rumor sites and should I wait? - 10/31/02 05:18 PM

Most of the time they just have a load of BS but sometimes they get things right. It's only a few days away so I say wait.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Mactico

Re: Rumor sites and should I wait? - 10/31/02 05:22 PM

<br>Wait. You have a great signature.<br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: Rumor sites and should I wait? - 10/31/02 05:26 PM

Definitely wait. You'll kick yourself if you don't and new ones come out. <br>However, if you order one today and new ones are due next week, you will most likely get the new one anyway. The est shipping for iBooks is something like 5 days right now.<br><br>
Posted by: Biggerfoot

Re: Rumor sites and should I wait? - 10/31/02 05:40 PM

yes, I'd wait too. Been looking around and I bet they are due...<br><br>

Re: patience is a virtue - I guess... - 10/31/02 05:47 PM

thanks, I think I'll wait.<br><br>I'll either take advantage of any price drop they offer. or if they have a nice iBook with blue tooth built in like the rumor sites say, I might pick up one of those. I wouldn't mind having a laptop with bluetooth built in and a wireless mouse that was blue tooth - now that would be cool. And of course there is that rumored blue tooth iPhone.<br><br>disappointing though, been looking forward to it all week. Even stopped in yesterday to drool, err I mean look at the iBooks.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: patience is a virtue - I guess... - 10/31/02 07:54 PM

Keep in mind that even if they are announced, the new ones may not be immediately available. Either way, good luck. The iBooks are fantastic for what they are.<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: MacGuru

Re: Rumor sites and should I wait? - 11/01/02 04:48 AM

I'm currently looking at getting a Powerbook, but I am waiting until after the 5th and if they are not updated then until MWSF as they should definately be updated by then.<br><br>"I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring."<br>- Richard P Feynman, Last Words<br>

Re: patience is a virtue - I guess... - 11/01/02 06:04 AM

I can't remember, do you have an Airport setup? Nothin better than surfin the net from the backyard in the morning with a hot cup of coffee!<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: iRock

Re: patience is a virtue - I guess... - 11/01/02 06:30 AM

Right Giz, it's a close to record breaking 15 degrees F here this morning. That coffee needs to be real, real hot!<br><br>The wine urges me on, the bewitching wine, which sets even a wise man to singing and to laughing gently and rouses him up to dance and brings forth words <br>which were better unspoken.<br>Homer

Re: patience is a virtue - I guess... - 11/01/02 06:50 AM

Sorry... it's 7:45 a.m. here in Phoenix, I'm sitting in my backyard right now wearing shorts and no shirt, and the coffee is a tad too hot! <br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: patience is a virtue - I guess... - 11/01/02 06:50 AM

You suck. <br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>

Re: patience is a virtue - I guess... - 11/01/02 06:54 AM

Sorry... had to be done!!! <br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!

Re: patience is a virtue - I guess... - 11/01/02 07:49 AM

yup, well it's a linksys wireless.<br><br>damn, if MrsJonnyCat reads this, she'll want that hot tub accessory to go with the iBook, so she can sit outside surfing the net.<br><br>

Re: patience is a virtue - I guess... - 11/01/02 07:54 AM

Just think what else you could do in that hot tub with Mrs. JC!!! Might be a good investment!<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: Trog

Re: patience is a virtue - I guess... - 11/01/02 08:11 AM

Don't get too excited and drop that iBook into your new HotTub. You'll ruin your new 'Book! Oh... and you'll be dead <br><br>

Re: patience is a virtue - I guess... - 11/01/02 08:48 AM

heh, heh, come to think of it, why do I need the iBook, I'll just get the accessories.<br><br>

Re: patience is a virtue - I guess... - 11/01/02 09:01 AM

Now you're talkin!!!<br><br>[color:red] Kiss My Banana!</font color=red><br>Visit me here!
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: patience is a virtue - I guess... - 11/01/02 09:28 AM

You think the battery from the laptop would be enough juice to kill someone submerged in water?<br><br><br>[color:red]Hold on...it's time for a</font color=red><br>

Danger Will Robinson! - 11/01/02 04:21 PM

heading out to the Apple store with MrsJonnyCat - just for a look.<br><br>(last time we looked at an iBook, we got the PowerMac and cinema display instead )<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Danger Will Robinson! - 11/01/02 06:53 PM

Have fun big guy.<br>Take the camera and give us a full detail report.<br>Still waiting for the Hot Tub movie.<br><br>