CRAP! Thought this was just a rumor...

Posted by: DaddyMac

CRAP! Thought this was just a rumor... - 09/09/04 10:41 AM

Lucas revisits his 'Star Wars' empire for box set<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Hayden Christensen was 2 years old when George Lucas released his third Star Wars film, Return of the Jedi, in 1983. Now the actor who would be Darth Vader gets a magical cameo in the DVD version.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br><br><br>Ugh. <br><br>[color:white]God speed, mikeb. Go drive your Boxster in the big Autobahn in the sky...</font color=white>
Posted by: Michael

Re: CRAP! Thought this was just a rumor... - 09/09/04 10:48 AM

Screw it up he will. Taken out and caned should he be.<br><br>
Posted by: ezyrider

Re: CRAP! Thought this was just a rumor... - 09/09/04 11:40 AM

Caned!?! That's just the kind of right-wing SS tactics that...oops wrong thread...ok, here we go...Lucas' 1984-like Orwellian revisionism makes me sick...<br><br>Who knows maybe in 10 years he'll go back to the new Star Wars movies (Episodes 1-3) and add a few real characters and actually make them good. <br><br>

Re: CRAP! Thought this was just a rumor... - 09/09/04 12:04 PM

add a few real characters<br><br>He can add all the characters he wants, but as Nutty says you can't polish a turd. The scripts were the problem.<br><br>

Re: CRAP! Thought this was just a rumor... - 09/09/04 12:26 PM

Agreed! The scripts were terrible. I had a problem with some of the acting too. I really want him to pull out of this nose-dive but I doubt the 3rd installment will be much better. <br><br>

Re: CRAP! Thought this was just a rumor... - 09/09/04 12:31 PM

And I remember reading that Christiansen was supposedly this great up-and-coming actor when I heard about casting for 'Clones'...<br><br>It must be something with the directing- all these good actors on board, and somehow they come off as wooden when the camera rolls...<br><br>I love Lucas's films as a whole, but he *really* needs to step aside and let better directors take control of these SW films...<br><br>Too late, I'm sure, for Episode 3....<br><br>[color:white]God speed, mikeb. Go drive your Boxster in the big Autobahn in the sky...</font color=white>
Posted by:

Re: CRAP! Thought this was just a rumor... - 09/09/04 01:00 PM

I thought the CGI characters showed the best acting ability! It was the humans that were robotic.<br><br>

Re: CRAP! Thought this was just a rumor... - 09/09/04 01:18 PM

Exactly! <br><br>Most people complain that there was too much CGI but I think you're on to something. Maybe Lucas should have just made the whole movie CGI instead of using real actors in some of the roles. I'm kidding but it couldn't have been any worse. I've tried really hard to like the new movies and I like parts of them a lot. They just don't have the repeated watchabilty of the first three.<br><br>

Re: CRAP! Thought this was just a rumor... - 09/09/04 01:21 PM

One of the biggest problems I had is why waste time TRYING to creating a tense life and death situation with someone we know survives. Since these are prequels after all.<br><br>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: CRAP! Thought this was just a rumor... - 09/09/04 01:45 PM

Bottom line:<br><br>Unless the Star Wars DVD box set shows the movies in their ORIGINAL, THEATRICALLY REALEASED state, George Lucas will not be getting a penny of my money. <br><br><br><br>

Re: CRAP! Thought this was just a rumor... - 09/09/04 01:51 PM

I would think that with the available space on DVDs these days, they could put EVERY version ever released on those discs...<br><br>[color:white]God speed, mikeb. Go drive your Boxster in the big Autobahn in the sky...</font color=white>