Bluetooth Phone Help

Posted by: steveg

Bluetooth Phone Help - 07/22/04 02:22 PM

Just got a Moto V600 phone. Have gone through all the prescribes steps to set up a connection w/my PB. Everything is paired, connected, passkey blessed, etc., But iSync doesn't find the phone when I select "Add Device". And yes, the phone IS discoverable. <br><br>I've deleted and repeated the setup process several times with no success. Any assistance would be appreciated. TIA.<br><br>
Posted by: squareman

Re: Bluetooth Phone Help - 07/22/04 02:53 PM

Just got an Ericson with Bluetooth yesterday. Have already paired the device and swapped files around with my laptop. having fun editing the midi files to make up my own rings. I haven't tried iSync yet and didn't plan on hooking it up. A bit wary of iSync most of the time. Not much help, eh?<br><br>I did use my T3 (also BT) to send all my contacts and appointments to the phone. This bluetooth thing... nice!<br><br>

Re: Bluetooth Phone Help - 07/22/04 05:17 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Not much help, eh?<p><hr></blockquote><p>Took the words right outta my mouth. <br><br>
Posted by: squareman

Re: Bluetooth Phone Help - 07/23/04 02:54 PM

Well, in keeping with being no help, I just tried iSync. It synced my Addresses with my phone and the laptop on the first try. There wasn't even any hiccup in the process, so I don't know what's going wrong for you.<br><br>

Re: Bluetooth Phone Help - 07/23/04 04:22 PM

Beats me. But iSync just won't see the phone no matter what I do. You don't need Palm Desktop installed, do you?<br><br>

Re: Bluetooth Phone Help - 07/23/04 04:45 PM

No wonder iSync doesn't see the dang phone it ain't on Apple's compatibility list! . Ah well, I didn't buy it for the bluetooth anyway. But it would've been nice to have. The v600 is fairly new, so it the next iSync update may pick it up.<br><br>
Posted by: sross

Re: Bluetooth Phone Help - 08/09/04 05:25 PM

Steve, did you ever get the Bluetooth thing going? I am thinking about a Moto V600 myself and want to use it with my new laptop. My purpose would be to use it to dial up when I am not in a wifi hotspot.<br>Thanks<br><br>
Posted by: adzoox

Re: Bluetooth Phone Help - 08/10/04 04:08 AM

Did you hear about the recall on these? The V600 has been recalled... see engadget.com<br><br>Try to reset ther device in Isync and if you have a blue tooth adapter try plugging and unplugging it. If you have built in bluetooth; turn it off, run disk permissions, turn it back on then try again. Also update to 10.3.5 ;)<br><br>www.adzoox.com & www.jackwhispers.com
Posted by: hayesk

Re: Bluetooth Phone Help - 08/10/04 12:09 PM

Today's iSync update picked it up. <br><br>

Re: Bluetooth Phone Help - 08/13/04 06:30 PM

Didn't pick it up for me. I've tried every trick in the book, but still no go. iSync just won't find the dang phone. The phone won't find the PB. Even if I manage to get the two paired nada. Start over, still nothin'. I must be missing something somewhere.<br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: Bluetooth Phone Help - 08/13/04 07:56 PM

Taken from another group.<br><br>[i]Subject: Re: [maccellphone] Re: Bluetooth and Motorola phones<br><br>On Jul 26, 2004, at 5:02 PM, ceruttinger wrote:<br><br>> Hey I'm new to this list but I was wondering if I could get some help,<br>> I'm trying to use my motorola v600 to access the internet.<br><br><br>> has anybody had success with<br>> doing this on the v600.<br><br>Nope. With my Bluetooth Palm, yes. With my PowerBook running 10.3.4,<br>no. I have not tried to tether it with a cable yet. The general<br>consensus is that there's a problem with Motorola's Bluetooth<br>implementation.<br><br><br>Sam Bergin<br>Apple Certified Technical Coordinator<br>Mac & PC Pros, Inc.<br>Tel 856-243-0150 FAX 856-243-0125<br><br><br>