WWDC rumors

Posted by: Bryan

WWDC rumors - 06/24/04 03:50 PM

New iMac G5....available in 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7ghz configurations with 128MB of RAM and a CD Rom drive, combo drive and Superdrive. Prices are 1999, 2099 and 2199. <br><br>The 1.5 is shipping in Janutober and the other two will be available in Februcember. <br><br>Anybody else have any guesses? <br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: WWDC rumors - 06/24/04 03:52 PM

My best guess is that your best guess is wrong.<br><br>I'm MacGizmo,[color:red] and I approved this message.</font color=red>

Re: WWDC rumors - 06/24/04 03:55 PM

I couldn't resist...but really, I am hoping for a G5 iMac....I could see selling this iMac on eBay. <br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: WWDC rumors - 06/24/04 04:07 PM

If they sell anything with a G5 running Panther with only 128MB of RAM, I will personally kick Steve Jobs in the shin.<br><br>

Re: WWDC rumors - 06/24/04 04:13 PM

The 256MB they are selling them with now is a bit pathetic, IMHO. <br><br>
Posted by: JohnR

Re: WWDC rumors - 06/24/04 04:57 PM

But you know what? Ram prices at Apple are too expensive! So perhaps it's a better deal for you and me rather than have higher prices for the iMac? <br><br>That's just my opinion.<br><br>

Re: WWDC rumors - 06/24/04 05:00 PM

Yeah, you're right, but a lot of people that buy iMacs don't know anything about computers, let alone RAM. If someone who buys an iMac for the first time, off the shelf, gets home and tries it out, they are going to think that thing is junk.<br><br>

Re: WWDC rumors - 06/24/04 05:05 PM

But on the other hand...I think most people just don't go out and buy a computer, whether it's an Apple or a PC. Usually most will ask a friend or a salesperson information about computers and, hopefully, the person advising them will tell them to get more ram.<br><br>I'll give myself as an example. I don't know anyone who just went out and bought an iMac. When Amy was wanting a new computer, I showed her the Apple ones and told her that more ram is needed.<br><br>
Posted by: Topper

Re: WWDC rumors - 06/24/04 05:08 PM

A G5 iMac is rumored at WWDC.<br>Your speeds of 1.5, 1.6, and 1.7Ghz seem a little suspicious. Normally speeds are spread a little farther apart.<br><br>

Re: WWDC rumors - 06/24/04 05:40 PM

That is true...<br><br>FWIW to this thread, Think Secret has bonked the idea of a G5 iMac next week and they are *usually* right, even though they only seem to make predictions a few days ahead of an event.<br><br>
Posted by:

Re: WWDC rumors - 06/24/04 08:03 PM

iMacs will go dual G4, smallest is 17", they'll start at 1599. Lamborghini adapter comes standard. Code name: Da Bling Bling.<br><br>

Re: WWDC rumors - 06/24/04 08:06 PM

Don't forget the little cloth to polish your chrome apple....available today and shipping in Smarch.<br><br>
Posted by:

Re: WWDC rumors - 06/24/04 08:07 PM

Chrome?? No no no, gold! Pimp my Mac!<br><br>

Re: WWDC rumors - 06/24/04 08:09 PM

The Pimp my Mac adapter is coming in 2023 from Griffin Technology....<br><br>
Posted by: G4Dualie

Re: WWDC rumors - 06/24/04 09:19 PM

Liquid cooled G5 Laptop!! yessssir.<br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:red]I am not John Kerry and I approve this ad.</font color=red>
Posted by: iRock

Re: WWDC rumors - 06/24/04 09:25 PM

Yes that's mine. In Mini colors perhaps?<br><br>
Posted by: hayesk

Re: WWDC rumors - 06/25/04 06:52 AM

ThinkSecret used to be wrong a lot - now they've gotten a lot more conservative with their predictions. Regardless, WWDC is not a tradeshow - it's all about developers. Developers don't care about iMacs. WWDC is all about Tiger. That's all.<br><br><br>
Posted by: lspencer

Re: WWDC rumors - 06/25/04 07:27 AM

I had a watercooled Powerbook a couple years back. I accidently dropped it in the fishtank! Funny though, it didn't seem to improve the performance all that great.<br><br><br><br>Larry Spencer<br>My Desktop

Re: WWDC rumors - 06/25/04 07:28 AM

I can't wait to see what Tiger is all about. Unfortunately I have to work so will have to read about it on the front page of MM.<br><br>
Posted by: SgtBaxter

Re: WWDC rumors - 06/25/04 09:21 AM

If Apple ships a 1.5GHz single G5 processor iMac for $1999, I hope they die off completely because they deserve it.<br><br>Now, a 1.8 GHz single G5 iMac at $799 would be a value and would fly off the shelves.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: WWDC rumors - 06/25/04 09:39 AM

Doesn't matter, cause you won't see ANY G5 iMacs at WWDC.<br><br>I'm MacGizmo,[color:red] and I approved this message.</font color=red>
Posted by: hayesk

Re: WWDC rumors - 06/25/04 10:13 AM

Funny you said that, because attempting to sell a 1.8GHz single G5 iMac at $799 would kill them off. It would fly off the shelves along with any hopes of every making a profit.<br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Beniitec

Re: WWDC rumors - 06/25/04 11:22 AM

Friday before WWDC and no juicy rumors... how sad. Only pessimism. Ok rumors sites...prepare for the worst. LOL. Prepare the "what an awful wwdc it was this year..." article... no hype, and no great products from the greatest company in the world. It'll leave more speculation for next conference. :)<br><br>

Re: WWDC rumors - 06/25/04 03:12 PM

They wouldn't even have to make it a G5.....<br><br>Just take a single 1ghz G4 processor, put it in a beige PC box, and sell it for $799...they would fly off the shelves....I think a lot of people like me want an inexpensive tower for home, but are never going to commit the $2000 for a G5. <br><br>

Re: WWDC rumors - 06/25/04 07:43 PM

I think it's great, I hate it when we all find out what it is before it's announced. Kind of like knowing what your gift is before you open it.<br><br>
Posted by: G4Dualie

Re: WWDC rumors - 06/25/04 08:10 PM

I suppose your sig is a self-fulfilling prophecy?<br><br><br><br><br><br>[color:red]I am not John Kerry and I approve this ad.</font color=red>

Re: WWDC rumors - 06/25/04 08:18 PM

I drive past one just like the picture on the way to work. We stopped and looked last weekend. Never heard it run but Yowza! what a car!<br><br>
Posted by: rman

Re: WWDC rumors - 06/30/04 11:12 AM

Did you see the one that Jesse James made into a train on Monster Garage?<br><br>

Re: WWDC rumors - 06/30/04 08:21 PM

No but arrrgh what a waste. I was talking to the Advertising Supervisor at work because he has a Durango purchased from the only Dodge dealership in town. He told me to call the owner and tell him he sent me and go test drive it. I know by dropping that name they would give us a great deal but Rick can't get past the lack of 4WD for bad weather. He did admit when he came by my workplace tonight to see if I wanted to go to dinner with him that he drove by it again. (It sits about 3 or 4 blocks from where I work calling to me like a siren) Thanks for tip I will see if I can find a picture of it. <br><br>