More G5 rumors

Posted by: yoyo52

More G5 rumors - 06/04/04 04:40 PM

Again from the MM front page: [color:blue]CNET News.com reports that Apple recently included photos of a yet-to-be released Power Mac G5 in a service manual, suggesting the the company will soon introduce updated models. The photos show a single heat sink covering dual G5 processors and a new vertical memory configuration. CNET News.com also notes that the new machines could be released "sooner rather than later" because wait times for the G5s have recently climbed to seven to 10 business days on the online Apple store.</font color=blue><br><br>Here's the story from Cnet. The page won't open for some reason. You can go to the C|Net front page and find the story there, though.<br><br>And here're the pics from AppleInsider.<br><br>And for good meaure, here's another story from AppleInsider about Apple not restocking iMacs or G5s.<br><br>Things are heating up, eh? <br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by yoyo52 on 06/04/04 07:54 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: More G5 rumors - 06/04/04 04:49 PM

Hmmmmm...<br>"The page you've requested cannot be found."<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: More G5 rumors - 06/04/04 04:55 PM

Can't get it to open, Steve--but I added the link for the C|Net front page. The story link is there right now.<br><br>
Posted by: G4Dualie

Re: More G5 rumors - 06/04/04 07:05 PM

I'm betting Apple will deliver a G5 laptop before Fall. There is already a 64bit PC laptop on the market so if I know Steve he's probably already asked why can't we develop a G5 Laptop with a special cooling system. I say Fall because a G5 laptop would require a complete motherboard makeover.<br><br>A G5 laptop with a twenty-inch screen. <br><br>Also, on the hardware front, I would like to see compact flash card readers built in to all Macs.<br><br><br><br><br>[color:blue] “Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel,” Samuel Johnson</font color=blue>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: More G5 rumors - 06/04/04 11:15 PM

Stop smoking that stuff! <br><br>