Café Closing for Keynote

Posted by: StanFlack

Café Closing for Keynote - 01/06/04 02:55 AM

Good day all. I just wanted to post a quick message here letting you know that in an effort to maximize as much as we can out of our servers, we have decided to close the Café during Steve Jobs' Keynote this morning.<br><br>The Café will be closed a few minutes before the keynote begins and will resume normal operations as soon as it ends.<br><br>Thanks so much for your patience. As you all know, our servers take a real beating during this time. <br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Stan
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Café Closing for Keynote - 01/06/04 03:05 AM

But, but, but, but... <br><br>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: Café Closing for Keynote - 01/06/04 03:56 AM

no problem it's not an important day for us anyway. i was planning to watch my fish tank during the Keynote. <br><br>[silent]folks, all meet at MacCentral[/silent]<br><br>seriously though, no problem Stan, I understand. we'll be back right after the Keynote. everybody have fun!<br><br><pre>PMG5/1.8Ghz/1GBRAM, PBG3/400Mhz/768MBRAM, AirportX</pre><p>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Café Closing for Keynote - 01/06/04 06:09 AM

may I propose we all meet up in iChat - Room: macminute<br><br><br>Visit My Web Site!

Re: Café Closing for Keynote - 01/06/04 06:41 AM

i'll be there<br><br><pre>PMG5/1.8Ghz/1GBRAM, PBG3/400Mhz/768MBRAM, AirportX</pre><p>
Posted by: sean

Re: Café Closing for Keynote - 01/06/04 06:51 AM

what time (eastern) and is this thing going to be televised? in other words, i will likely be in my office hours for the week (1 - 5), but i am wondering whether someone in the macminute room will be able to relay the news firsthand. none-the-less, i'll be there. <br><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: Café Closing for Keynote - 01/06/04 06:53 AM

hopefully I will be there...I have company right now.<br>Let's see, that would be Noon eastern time?<br><br><br>My Stuff

Re: Café Closing for Keynote - 01/06/04 07:00 AM

noon...what a crummy time. that's the only time i'll be away from my computer (driving to work at 12:15 our time) until i teach tonight. oh well. those things last and hour or 2, eh? and, i won't have to sit and wait as there will be much to read about right when i arrive (approx. 12:45 - 1:00). <br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Café Closing for Keynote - 01/06/04 07:05 AM

Call in sick Sean. You know you aren't feeling well today!<br><br>

Re: Café Closing for Keynote - 01/06/04 07:27 AM

I did that for the last three...i think they're on to me. <br><br>

Re: Café Closing for Keynote - 01/06/04 07:42 AM

check your times for the keynote compared to SF 12AM:<br>http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/<br><br>It's 11PM here<br><br><pre>PMG5/1.8Ghz/1GBRAM, PBG3/400Mhz/768MBRAM, AirportX</pre><p>
Posted by: lislaz

Re: Café Closing for Keynote - 01/06/04 08:36 AM

So are we all meeting up at the chatroom?<br><br>
Posted by: djstefan

Re: Café Closing for Keynote - 01/06/04 09:00 AM

I will actually get to do some work :)<br><br>___________________________________________<br>I'm just another Mac user at an 8 hour day Dilbert style cubicle job....<br>