iCloud/iPhone

Posted by: iMacsoontobe

iCloud/iPhone - 08/06/12 02:29 PM

Hello everyone,

Ok so my daughter got an iPhone for Christmas and we put in our iCloud account used for iTunes....now she has her own iCloud account and wants to get her email and what not on her iPhone....so I couldn't "change" the "iCloud" account on the iPhone, I can only Delete it, so I'm wondering, if I delete it does it just delete from the device or do I lose that icloud account and all the songs I've purchased over the years? And yes I know I can set up her new iCloud email on the iPhone with out changing the "iCloud" account on the phone, which I've already done so she can get her emails for now.
Posted by: iMacsoontobe2

Re: iCloud/iPhone - 08/07/12 04:08 AM

WOW 159 views and no responses?
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: iCloud/iPhone - 08/07/12 06:27 AM

Not exactly sure of what you're asking.

Re: iCloud/iPhone - 08/07/12 06:37 AM

Hi Michael...
Basically, if I delete an iCloud account on an iPhone, does that iCloud account still exist as I'm using it in iTunes on my iMac for purchases?

Re: iCloud/iPhone - 08/07/12 06:47 AM

iCloud accounts and iTunes accounts are different things.

Re: iCloud/iPhone - 08/07/12 07:05 AM

same Apple ID's

Re: iCloud/iPhone - 08/07/12 07:12 AM

Unless your daughter has her own computer, I wouldn't delete the iCloud account, but she can set up her own iTunes account without changing the iCloud account.

Re: iCloud/iPhone - 08/07/12 07:19 AM

I guess I'm not stating things well frown

Ok We have been using this Apple ID with iTunes for purchases for years....that is all it is used for. When she got an iphone for Christmas, I set the phone up using this ID, I should have only put the ID in the iTunes store part of the phone so she could get to our music, but I didn't, I put in the iCloud section also of the iPhone.
Now she has her own Macbook Pro and she created an iCloud account of her own and now I need to put that on her iPhone, but the only way I can see to do that is to "Delete Account" option on her iPhone to get the one we are using for iTunes off.

Does that make sense?

Re: iCloud/iPhone - 08/07/12 07:25 AM

I don't see anything that indicates whether it simply removes the account from the iPhone, or if it deletes it across all devices. Maybe ask Apple via their discussion forums?
Posted by: Jim_

Re: iCloud/iPhone - 08/07/12 07:40 AM

Push the Delete Account button, it explains what will happen before you give the final okie-dokie push.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: iCloud/iPhone - 08/07/12 07:43 AM

Originally Posted By: iMacsoontobe2
WOW 159 views and no responses?
Most of the "views" are from search bots, not real people, don't feel slighted. smile

Re: iCloud/iPhone - 08/07/12 07:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Jim_
Push the Delete Account button, it explains what will happen before you give the final okie-dokie push.

We've always been told to not push the big red button! laugh

Re: iCloud/iPhone - 08/07/12 08:21 AM

Thanks Reboot!!

Should I push it?

Re: iCloud/iPhone - 08/07/12 08:49 AM

I DID IT!!!!!

Re: iCloud/iPhone - 08/07/12 09:05 AM

AAAAAUGHHHH!!!!!!

Wait.

The world didn't end?

whistle

Re: iCloud/iPhone - 08/07/12 09:08 AM

lol I don't know why I was so worried.....wait yes I do.....because when I called Applecare yesterday they couldn't give a straight answer!!!!

So I come to the best people I know! Who for 10 years have been AWESOME!!!!!
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: iCloud/iPhone - 08/07/12 09:25 AM

Except me...I'm just a bot. frown
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: iCloud/iPhone - 08/07/12 10:26 AM

Re: iCloud/iPhone - 08/07/12 02:16 PM

Originally Posted By: NucleusG4
Except me...I'm just a bot. frown

How many bots are there now on here?

Where is Shooshie & NTO1? I think they were bots! lol