ICloud vs Mail

Posted by: munromunro

ICloud vs Mail - 03/23/12 10:14 AM

I have just migrated to ICloud and does anyone feel that this email service is just not as user friendly as Mail, it appears that it is all based around the iphone and does not offer the clear options that are available in Mail. I maybe behind the times but i have used Mail for years and find it one of the best layouts and system available, its a shame it has to go when ICloud fully takes over
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: ICloud vs Mail - 03/23/12 11:03 AM

Mail is an application, iCloud is a service -- Using Mail with iCloud vs. another mail service/account shouldn't make that much of a difference (beyond those of IMAP vs. POP, etc.) ...
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: ICloud vs Mail - 03/23/12 02:11 PM

What six said. iCloud syncs your mail with all of your devices. If you send/receive an email on your Mac at home, it will also appear on your iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and vice versa. You do not have to use the web interface at all if you don't need to (like if I were away from any of my devices and needed to access it from a family member's/friend's computer Note: I still don't have any iDevices, just my home Mac.).
Posted by: munromunro

Re: ICloud vs Mail - 03/26/12 06:48 AM

Thanks for the info, i was under the impression that Mail application was going to finish when iCloud eventually took over but i have just come back from an Apple store and was told no Mail is to continue, great stuff panic over

many thanks lads