Google+

Posted by: zwei

Google+ - 08/07/11 12:06 PM

Anyone who isn't on it already that wants to be can sign up via this link. (It's good for 150 invites)

A MacCentral/AppleCentral circle is sounding like a good idea to me. wink

link-o
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Google+ - 08/07/11 12:12 PM

Already there with a few refugees. wink
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: Google+ - 08/07/11 12:31 PM

You have a bonfire burning next to your name.
Might want to check that out…

Happy Birthday, Zach.

Re: Google+ - 08/07/11 12:35 PM

@Michael -I just searched for you and apparently there's a million people with your name. Couldn't find ya. smirk

lol, yeah. It's that time again. Bonfire is pretty accurate …just turned 32 wink Thanks!
Posted by: Papa

Re: Google+ - 08/07/11 01:16 PM

Happy Birthday!

I signed up and put you in a circle (I think). I even left a comment. My first venture into the realm of social networking. Does this mean I am suddenly hip at 64?

Re: Google+ - 08/07/11 01:27 PM

Yep, I've been circled. wink

It really is a great service …and since you are familiar with forum posts/replies you should pick it up extremely easily. Just think of it as a posting ground where you have control over who sees what.

Re: Google+ - 08/07/11 02:48 PM

Originally Posted By: zwei
@Michael -I just searched for you and apparently there's a million people with your name. Couldn't find ya. smirk

lol, yeah. It's that time again. Bonfire is pretty accurate …just turned 32 wink Thanks!

You would be? grin

And Happy Birthday, kid! wink

Re: Google+ - 08/07/11 04:20 PM

My avatar is Marvin the Martian, if that helps in locating me.
Posted by: ChrisN

Re: Google+ - 08/07/11 06:54 PM

Funny, been wanting to try +, never could get an invite and 5 minutes after writing it off found a link to an invite and signed up.

Have not much of a clue what to do next...

I'll see if I can find you guys. Anyone looking for me - Chris Nielsen. Don't know if there is a way to poast a link to me, to my ? circle, my ...?

Chris

Re: Google+ - 08/07/11 07:06 PM

Yep, all you have to do is click on your name (right below the G+ logo). It'll take you to your profile page. Just copy that url.

Here's mine. https://plus.google.com/108387628729962324242/posts

Once it gets out of beta mode I'm sure they'll make the urls a little better.

Re: Google+ - 08/07/11 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By: MacBozo
My avatar is Marvin the Martian, if that helps in locating me.

Found you …via iRock's following list wink

Re: Google+ - 08/07/11 07:46 PM

Some tips...
1. If you want to mention someone simply put a + or a @ in front of their name. You'll see a dropdown list as soon as you start typing. They will be notified that they are being called out. (red box in upper right of window)
2. putting special characters around your text changes it's properties. -strikethru- _italic_ *bold*
3. You can send private messages by typing one specific recipient's name in the sharing field and deleting everything else.
4. You can stop people from sharing your post with others by going to the post's dropdown and choose "disable reshare" ..you can also disable comments the same way.
5. Hangouts let up to 10 people video chat at the same time. (I've haven't done one yet, but it seems pretty cool.)
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: Google+ - 08/08/11 07:14 AM

Finding me should be really easy. smile Well, there is my nephew on there, so make sure you look at my avatar.
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: Google+ - 08/08/11 07:40 AM

I have like 150 invites if anyone wants one