Yahoo Mail Problem

Posted by: KateSorensen

Yahoo Mail Problem - 08/12/10 10:21 AM

Yahoo is using some really, really funky type when they make you type in what you see in a box to confirm your log-in!!

I can't get my email now on either the iMac or iPhone. I've tried everything 20 times. [ smile ]

Could someone email them and tell them to please use "Comic Sans" type. Heh, heh, heh. . .

I post this in case someone else might be having same problem and want to sympathize with me.

Posted by: Jim_

Re: Yahoo Mail Problem - 08/12/10 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By: KateSorensen
Yahoo is using some really, really funky type when they make you type in what you see in a box to confirm your log-in!!

I can't get my email now on either the iMac or iPhone. I've tried everything 20 times. [ smile]
Do you mean you can't log in to yahoo mail?

My log in screen looks the same as it always has, no small type. Maybe it's something in your font settings in your browser prefs.
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Yahoo Mail Problem - 08/12/10 02:34 PM

I think she's complaining about the capchas. Some of those are really hard to decipher at times.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Yahoo Mail Problem - 08/12/10 03:45 PM

Yeah, some of them are really bad, but yahoo doen't use captcha.
Posted by: Nana

Re: Yahoo Mail Problem - 08/14/10 09:29 AM

I don't see that. Still looks the same to me. I am using the free old style version.

Re: Yahoo Mail Problem - 08/14/10 09:48 AM

I just tried signing in to an old account and got the captcha to confirm.

Re: Yahoo Mail Problem - 08/14/10 09:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Reboot
Yeah, some of them are really bad, but yahoo doen't use captcha.

I think I chose to use the "new improved" Yahoo mail. They do indeed use captcha now. They changed the font look just a tiny bit and now I can log in on the iMac.

The iPhone is another thing. Can't log in there yet. It tells me to go to iPhone settings and enter my password. When I do that it tells me to go to iPhone Safari and log in there. When I do that it says:

@#$%^@#$%@#$%^@#$%^!!!!!!!

All right youse guys! I was going to go thru the steps I've been using to get into iPhone Yahoo email and I got in/access in no time flat!! No captcha. Absolutely mind bending.

And!

Just in case you guys were not going to believe the captcha, I first went to Google to find out how to take a screen shot of it on my iPhone. I was READY [smile ]

Oh well. Just talking to you guys fixes my problems so thanks heaps. [ smile]

Just to be clear, before all my problems started, I got a msg on screen asking if I wanted to use old email or new / beta. I said beta. Then I got the captcha problems. I'm thinking the rest of the world must have complained to Yahoo and they backed off it.

Re: Yahoo Mail Problem - 08/14/10 10:00 AM

Originally Posted By: MacBozo
I just tried signing in to an old account and got the captcha to confirm.

Oh thank you thank you. I am not losing my marbles! Did you take a picture of that font? I wanted to see if it changed. At first it looked smokey gray, and the last time I saw it, there was a darker thin black line in each letter.

Re: Yahoo Mail Problem - 08/14/10 10:01 AM

Originally Posted By: Nana

I don't see that. Still looks the same to me. I am using the free old style version.

I use the "new" "free" version.

Re: Yahoo Mail Problem - 08/14/10 10:12 AM

I tried to find what is new with the email and found this:

Something really neat I found! I didn't know but do now that I can sync all my Contact [on iMac] to the Yahoo contacts. That is great!!.

Re: Yahoo Mail Problem - 08/14/10 10:13 AM

Have they gotten better at filtering SPAM?

Re: Yahoo Mail Problem - 08/14/10 10:42 AM

Well, I hope! In the past 6 weeks or so, I've had the worse spam ever on Yahoo. I talked here on the forum about the problems. They've cleared up and I get some of the usual sex offers. Sex offers? Well, not!! But Offers concerning improving my sex life. That sound better? Ha!