Hahaha, Massive Blogger Opportunities at AOL

Posted by: Ben Dover

Hahaha, Massive Blogger Opportunities at AOL - 06/09/10 11:54 AM

Yeah, AOL has this dumb idea they can just reconfigure garbage and be fine. So, they're going to double their editors from 500 to 1000, hire more "journalists" ( glorified scrapers ), and ramp up their tens?/hundreds? of thousands of freelancers ( glorified scrapers ).

So dust off yer stuff and take a shot on a hasbeen on a big multibilliondollar homestretch to oblivion.

As Cope noted on Pandora, people no longer want to scuba dive, they want to surf good waves ( good waves, the key operative phrase, like the Economist [ not my cup of tea, but at least they think and put out original stuff for people that want their thinking pre-digested, and they've been wildly successful at it ] ).

Steve aint gonna save a free press - They gotta do that themselves.

Ed
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Hahaha, Massive Blogger Opportunities at AOL - 06/09/10 06:41 PM

You realize that AOL runs more sites than just AOL.com, right? TUAW, DownloadSquad, Engadget - those are just a few really well done sites owned by AOL.

I'm not discounting your sentiment behind you comments, but there are some quality sites under their umbrella.

I'm not a fan of Yahoo!, but I love Flickr, which is owned by Yahoo!
Posted by: Ben Dover

Re: Hahaha, Massive Blogger Opportunities at AOL - 06/09/10 07:19 PM

No, I didn't know that. They own so much garbage, so much forgettable generic lifestyle, news, entertainment, sports, tech, etc garbage, that stuff like that gets lost in the mess.

Anyway, they'll be providing a lot of telework, easy money, work in your jammies, digital cabdriver stuff.

Yeah, they crack me up. Remember the crazy days when they bought Time-Warner?

And now there's still Time-Warner, and then there's AOL smile

Oh well, they at least get to join the classic insults, like 'So and So is the BP of this and that, they're the AOL of been there done that, etc'.

Ed
Posted by: carp

Re: Hahaha, Massive Blogger Opportunities at AOL - 06/09/10 09:16 PM

I never liked AOL , seems to me to be a private country club of sorts , so your sorta stuck inside that umbrella , and that was when they first came out like AOL 1.0 . Went there after I was using CompuServe laugh and felt trapped like a rat .
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Hahaha, Massive Blogger Opportunities at AOL - 06/10/10 02:43 AM

Let's hope that they aren't actively "managing" those sites.
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Hahaha, Massive Blogger Opportunities at AOL - 06/10/10 02:44 AM

AOL was my first ISP. It sucked. As soon as I learned how to navigate the internet, I dumped them for a real ISP.