Hotmail upps accounts to 250???

Posted by: krusher117

Hotmail upps accounts to 250??? - 11/09/04 02:39 PM

My hotmail account went from 96% full yesterday to 1% full today. I now show 250mb of space on my free hotmail account. Anyone else have this happen to them?
Posted by: zenstate

Re:Hotmail upps accounts to 250??? - 11/09/04 03:17 PM

I think hotmail is doing that with everyone to help compete with gmail. my hotmail did this a week ago or so. I use both but prefer gmail as it works much better and is better all round as it has 1GB space and also because it has nothing to do with microsoft. smile

if you want a gmail account I could spare an invite for you. leave your email addy here if you want one.

Re:Hotmail upps accounts to 250??? - 11/09/04 05:23 PM

thanks zen, but I do have one already. Major prob is that I have so many people that know my hotmail account, and getting them to update to a new email address is difficult. Of course I got my hotmail account in the pre-microsoft days of hotmail so if I had to do it over again, I would have chosen someone else.
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re:Hotmail upps accounts to 250??? - 11/09/04 07:56 PM

im just waiting on the day when these free email services decide that they are going to start charging the suckers that are trapped b/c "everyone knows this address". Then it will be like the cell phone industry, how they had you trapped. Its tooo bad that email addresses won't be deregulated though :dry:

Re:Hotmail upps accounts to 250??? - 11/09/04 09:33 PM

I think email is getting old in the tooth anyways. Text messages (computer & cell) as well as voice and video chat are the direction that communication is going. Eventually email as we know it will be unrecognizable, maybe even non-existant.

Re:Hotmail upps accounts to 250??? - 11/09/04 10:07 PM

maybe for people like you and me and other computer savvy, but what about the millions of people that still don't even own a computer. You have to keep in mind that the macmod type people are just a very small percentage of the populartion. Everyone else is years behind. :P
Posted by: TutAnGeek

Re:Hotmail upps accounts to 250??? - 11/10/04 02:09 AM

Yeah. We don't all sit in traffic on our cell phones on AIM :P

(I hook my ibook up to my cell phone and then go on AIM and IRC ;))

Re:Hotmail upps accounts to 250??? - 11/10/04 03:27 AM

I think that he was refering more to text messaging, not AIM on a cell phone. But they are still similar.
Posted by: KnifeLord

Re:Hotmail upps accounts to 250??? - 11/11/04 03:41 AM

Well I had the same prob, When I first started I started up a hotmail address. And it has been filled and refilled and its really annoying to empty it out, but if you still want a worthwile email address that is free try netscape you get a ton of free memory. I don't like their system as much as the mail app tho, and so I mainly have everything sent to my paid for version. But if you have 10.3 or higher (when typed there are non higher...) you can download an app that lets u check your http email on the mail app. (idr if I found out about that here or not...) Though it claims to work for 10.2 it doesnt... and so I just have to deal with my outdated system until I can get something better... oh well. I will look for the link and post it.

-Knife
Posted by: KnifeLord

Re:Hotmail upps accounts to 250??? - 11/11/04 03:58 AM

Oops,
Its not the mac website, but here it is http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/18189 I have no idea if it works or not because I use 10.2 But when I searched Google, It brought back a large amout of results, so I asume that it will work...

-Knife