Annual Anger At iChat

Posted by: KnifeLord

Annual Anger At iChat - 09/30/04 02:48 AM

Over the last few months i have seen many iChat hacks... but i have never seen one to fix what i concider to be the most annoying feacher of iChat, Automatically spellcheking... Almost half of the time my computer decides to freze because it thinks that 'lol' isnt a word... IK ITS NOT IN THE DICTONARY AND STILL I DONT CARE, why would i need to spell check words when idk if its spelled right... i can find a few cases where its good, eg; Boss, Teacher, Girl/boy friend. but still who cares?

Anyway to my main point, does anyone know if there is a hack that turns off this feacher?

-Knife
Posted by: krusher117

Re:Annual Anger At iChat - 09/30/04 03:11 AM

knifelord don't hit yourself with a hammer in the head several times when I tell you how to do this, because it less a hack than a simple menu selection.

Open a chat window....with anyone. Now go to the edit menu, select spelling and select "check spelling as you type."

It should now be unchecked and you can sleep soundly.

BTW, you can not uncheck this option unless a chat window is open.

Hope that helps....i actually like spell check as you type. However I hate how often I get a "too many messages sent" error.

:huh:

Re:Annual Anger At iChat - 09/30/04 03:24 AM

LOL, ok now i really feel like an idiot...

thanx Krusher...

-Knife
Posted by: whitlock

Re:Annual Anger At iChat - 09/30/04 04:23 AM

In the customer service industry, we would call that a PEBCAK.

Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard
Posted by: krusher117

Re:Annual Anger At iChat - 09/30/04 01:52 PM

lol....there's an old saying " there's no such thing as a stupid question", I think we all know thats a lie especially if you work in customer service of any kind. But knifelord, no worries, I'm certain I've asked more than my fair share of them. And aren't you glad you asked? Your computer won't be bogged down correcting spelling of rofl, idk, hth, fhe, oru, or mmr. OK I made up a few of those :lol:, but the last one is M(ac) M(od) R(ocks).
Posted by: whitlock

Re:Annual Anger At iChat - 09/30/04 02:49 PM

Well, if you know how to register on this site, you do not qualify as a starfish, and thats the important part. Starfish are sea creatures that do not have brains and cannot fend for themselves.
Posted by: oojacoboo

Re:Annual Anger At iChat - 09/30/04 03:19 PM

I have always loved that PEBCAK acronym, its one of the best. wink

Re:Annual Anger At iChat - 10/01/04 05:01 AM

LMAO... (and spell check doesnt count it wrong anymore!!!)
Well yeah i guess that stupid questions come up... Its alwasy great when its an obvious answer!

-Knife
Posted by: ubergeek89

Re:Annual Anger At iChat - 10/02/04 03:45 AM

Wait isn't it PEBDAC. Theres also the classic eye dee ten tee (ID10T) error.