SL - Mail - MobileMe weird bug

Posted by: padmavyuha

SL - Mail - MobileMe weird bug - 09/02/09 01:48 AM

Since I've updated to 10.6, after I type a new email and send it, a copy of it remains in the Drafts folder and I then have to delete that copy manually. No big deal, just the first couple of times I had to check to confirm that the message had actually been sent, and was in the Sent folder too.

Re: SL - Mail - MobileMe weird bug - 09/10/09 06:12 AM

Seriously - no-one else getting this behaviour?
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: SL - Mail - MobileMe weird bug - 09/10/09 08:26 AM

Is it local - using Mail on your computer - or via the web interface? I don't have that issue in Mail.app and I generally don't use the web interface.

Re: SL - Mail - MobileMe weird bug - 09/10/09 10:36 AM

Mail.app. It seems random - though more likely to happen with messages with attachments. And sometimes they eventually go away, but sometimes they're there a day later and I have to delete them manually from the Drafts folder. Very odd. They're happily showing in the Sent folder, but not getting deleted from Drafts. I think I'll check my server settings and see if something got changed during the upgrade.
Posted by: Mike

Re: SL - Mail - MobileMe weird bug - 09/12/09 09:39 AM

Hmmmm...No problems here with 10.6.1.
Posted by: iBookmaster

Re: SL - Mail - MobileMe weird bug - 12/16/09 04:47 AM

Yep, I am getting that problem.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: SL - Mail - MobileMe weird bug - 12/16/09 07:40 AM

I have no idea if this is what you're experiencing, but it seems to be what's up with my new MBP and its installation of Snow Leopard. I use a mac.com account, and the Mail in Snow Leopard automatically makes those accounts MobileMe accounts. So the emails I send from my computer become drafts on the MobileMe server, which have to be hand-deleted. It doesn't happen with every email I send, though, and I haven't figured out what's up with that.
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: SL - Mail - MobileMe weird bug - 12/16/09 08:13 AM

In Mail.app: Prefs > Accounts > Mailbox Behaviors. I've had absolutely no problems with Mail and SL.