OK.. this is BS.

Posted by: NucleusG4

OK.. this is BS. - 01/05/09 04:46 PM

I just made a web page last week using Aperture and it published quite nicely.
http://gallery.me.com/nucleusg4#gallery

Guess what, if you didn't kow.... it's too advanced for IE. Any version.. even 8.

No one I send it to can see it... all they get is a black screen.
Great.

Posted by: polymerase

Re: OK.. this is BS. - 01/05/09 05:15 PM

I thought that was pretty inconsiderate of Apple to build in stuff that IE could not handle but then I viewed your photos in "carousel" mode.

Pretty awesome. (Overused word but for fireworks shot well it fits). The reflection of the photos in carousel in the black background is shiny wet black with the frames sliding around in the black black goo. The background within the shots was so black it flowed right into the carousel background

That's your dock right behind your house with a jet ski next to it isn't it? Has someone from cold wet frozen New England mentioned that you suck lately?

Yesterday I was watching some divers go out for some lobsters in dry suits. I only have a full wet suit so that is out of bounds until at least April. Their faces were the only thing getting wet but they still looked stiff and cold as they walked through the snow back to their car.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: OK.. this is BS. - 01/05/09 05:45 PM

I'm using my old iBook (933 MHz) with 32 MB of video RAM--and saw it fine on Safari. A little slow and creaky, mind you, but fine.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: OK.. this is BS. - 01/05/09 07:38 PM

I can see it in IE 7 and XP SP3 on my DellHell.

Re: OK.. this is BS. - 01/05/09 08:01 PM

IE 7 and XP SP3 on my DellHell.

Well, that's weird. Although Apple has stated that IE 7 does work... to some extent. Just that not all functionality may be present.

Are you getting all of the radio buttons and options?

Poly, did you notice how the website icon rolls over all of the images?

That's my jetski docked on my neighbors dock, next door.

I actually liked the carousel too, but on white... better reflections.
Also, in Carousel mode you can click on photos in the line up and they jump to the front, liker iTUnes' coverflow mode. Or you can click on the one in front and it expands into slideshow mode which is a bit bigger.

All photos are taken handheld, 15mm fisheye at various ISO and bulb setting... so I could just lay on the bank and squeeze off a shot and release it at will.
Not the sharpest lens in my bag, and I had a few drinks under my belt, so they are a bit fuzzy.
This was mostly a test in preparation for 4th of July, where we typically spend around a grand between the 2 households and put on quite a show for the lake. I always intend to photograph it, and this year I will.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: OK.. this is BS. - 01/05/09 08:15 PM

Yep, and everything works. The machine is pretty clean, as far as windows goes anyway. I don't install any Internet extras. I do have QuickTime. About the only extra crap I run is AVG 8 Anti-virus and Spyware.

I did put a video card in so it's not the stock video, I don't know if that would matter.

Re: OK.. this is BS. - 01/05/09 08:31 PM

Nah.. it's got more to do with IE.

Because MobileMe's web applications take advantage of the latest web technologies, you should make sure you use the following browsers:
On your Mac: Safari 3, or Mozilla Firefox 2 or 3.
For your PC: Safari 3, Mozilla Firefox 2 or 3, or Microsoft Internet Explorer 7. Note: Internet Explorer 7 is not fully supported. Internet Explorer 7 has known compatibility issues with modern web standards that affect web 2.0 applications, such as MobileMe. You can use Internet Explorer 7, but you will not have access to all MobileMe features and will experience slower performance.

Posted by: neye_eve

Re: OK.. this is BS. - 01/06/09 12:01 AM

Seems fine in IE 7 on Vista.