MobileMe loops in Mail

Posted by: padmavyuha

MobileMe loops in Mail - 08/08/08 11:31 AM

MobileME messages are not getting through - Mail gives me messages in the Activity window that MobileMe is 'requesting capabilities', then 'traversing mailbox hierarchy' and on and on, logging in over and over. Sigh...<br><br><br><br>Logging in through me.com shows no problem.<br><br>- padmavyuha<br><br>[color:purple]A lopsided man runs best along the little side-hills of success<br>- Frank Moore Colby</font color=purple>
Posted by: Jim_

Re: MobileMe loops in Mail - 08/08/08 01:57 PM

I've never seen such a consistently crappy implementation of mail as .mac, and now mobileme. The number of times their servers have had trouble over the years is inexcusable IMO. And all the recent mobileme problems are not acceptable to Jobs either.<br><br>I can only remember one time over the last 4 years or so that my email through my personal website has been down. It always works. Network Solutions has great servers.<br><br>Basically try it later, it will probably be working. They're obviously always scrimping on the servers, no redundancy or not enough servers or something. For a world class company it is inexcusable.<br><br>Not much help but just saying, if me mail isn't working, don't waste time trouble shooting, it probably is not anything under your control.<br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game

Re: MobileMe loops in Mail - 08/08/08 02:04 PM

I agree - trouble is, once it starts doing this I have to wait until it finally gives up about 15 minutes later, so I can disable the me mail checking until later when I feel moved to try again.<br><br>[color:purple]A lopsided man runs best along the little side-hills of success<br>- Frank Moore Colby</font color=purple>
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: MobileMe loops in Mail - 08/08/08 02:33 PM

I've rarely had a problem with my mac.com email account. There have been a few times that the server wasn't responding, but those problems were resolved within a few minutes. Currently, mail is totally reliable via my mac.com address. I did try the me.com email address (emailed myself - sent from a different account/provider) and that landed in my mac.com inbox without a hitch.<br><br>

Re: MobileMe loops in Mail - 08/08/08 02:36 PM

That looks like that maybe something internal in Mail.app. Did you try rebuilding the mailbox? (Mailbox > Rebuild)<br><br>
Posted by: Swatcat

I love Mobilemuck - 08/08/08 02:54 PM

1% my ass !<br>All three of my Mobilemuck mail accounts still are F'ed<br>I have a fourth account I have not even bothered to setup.<br><br>I activated Mobileme with the activation numbers and in System Preferences my account would renew in 90 days now my account will expire in 65 days.<br>I have two items in iDisk which is the jpg below and my avatar.<br><br><br>My Verizon accounts work perfect<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Mike

Re: MobileMe loops in Mail - 08/08/08 03:51 PM

Ditto here: I haven't had any problems with my DotMac account.<br><br>[color:blue][/b]Hodie mihi. Cras tibi.</font color=blue>[/b]

Re: MobileMe loops in Mail - 08/08/08 07:54 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>There have been a few times that the server wasn't responding,<p><hr></blockquote><p>A few is unacceptable IMO, even for a few minutes. For an organization like Apple that shouldn't happen, there should be redundancy, like real mail servers have.<br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game

Re: MobileMe loops in Mail - 08/09/08 12:29 AM

rebuilding my mailbox was the first thing I tried. MobileMe seems to have settled down again, but I still (and always) have to be careful about quitting Mail since I activated the mm account in it, or it hanfgs/crashes. I have to give it a bit of extra time after checking for new mail, because the mm account takes 5 times as long as my other one to check itself, do all those wacky things, and then properly disconnect. I wonder if it's just the difference between pop3 and imap (I've never had an imap account before)?<br><br>- padmavyuha<br><br>[color:purple]A lopsided man runs best along the little side-hills of success<br>- Frank Moore Colby</font color=purple>

Re: MobileMe loops in Mail - 08/09/08 06:31 AM

That's only a handful of times in 8 years. <br><br>
Posted by: eckhard

what do you use it for? - 08/09/08 01:36 PM

<br>I have my own domains, of course, and my sites are hosted locally in Berlin at a very good price and with extremely good service.<br>But nonetheless, I figure there may be times when quick and dirty web access could come in handy, as for avatars or just showing a few photos.... without ads.<br>But I am somewhat disappointed with what mobileme offers as far as gallery features are concerned. I expected some kind of slide-show feature without having to use iWeb or the likes.<br><br>Am I just missing something?<br><br>I wouldn't need mobileme for syncing varying computers, since my daughter keeps strict privacy rules on her stuff and my iPhone hangs on my laptop anyway.<br>Would I just be wasting my money?<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: what do you use it for? - 08/10/08 10:04 AM

I use it for posting pictures, a youth leader web site, and for the capability of accessing my email when I'm away on vacation (no laptop or iPhone).<br><br>Of course, today I could use it while I wait for this forum to load. <br><br>

Re: what do you use it for? - 08/10/08 10:59 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I use it for posting pictures, a youth leader web site, and for the capability of accessing my email when I'm away on vacation<p><hr></blockquote><p>Thanks, you've proven a couple of things for me. The first two, pics and wed sites, can be done with ease is what I tell my people it's good for, if they don't need that it's not worth it. As far as the email though, all ISP's have web based email that can be accessed anywhere.<br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game
Posted by: eckhard

d'accord - 08/11/08 01:35 AM

<br>A neat eMail addy (icke@me.com = "icke" is Berlinerish for "ich" which means "I" ) is hardly worth the money for me.<br>If there were some added benefits - like useful online apps for the iPhone or my MBP - or if I had a stable of computers/phones, it might be different.<br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: MobileMe loops in Mail - 08/11/08 01:36 PM

Heh-heh. MobileMe Mail is down this afternoon.<br><br>
Posted by: Mike

Re: MobileMe loops in Mail - 08/11/08 01:47 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Heh-heh. MobileMe Mail is down this afternoon.<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Yup....! Still down.<br><br>[color:blue][/b]Hodie mihi. Cras tibi.</font color=blue>[/b]
Posted by: Swatcat

Re: MobileMe loops in Mail - 08/11/08 01:51 PM

No problems with my Mobileme Mail they work exactly how they are suppose to.<br>THEY DON'T WORK !<br><br>

Re: MobileMe loops in Mail - 08/11/08 02:21 PM

One suggestion, but I'm sure you may have already tried it. Did you delete the accounts from Mail.app and then reestablish them? Of course, backup any messages you already have before doing that, because when you delete an account, all the associated messages go away with it.<br><br>