MobileMess

Posted by: WMB

MobileMess - 07/26/08 05:31 PM

I know that no one here is in a position to make an informed estimate, but anyone guessing how long it might take for Apple to get the thing working as it was intended to work?<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: MobileMess - 07/26/08 06:07 PM

Apple just started the MobleMe status page so looks like in about a week things should be better<br><br>
Posted by: WMB

Re: MobileMess - 07/26/08 06:37 PM

>no one here is in a position to make an informed estimate<br><br>well shut my mouth!<br>Thanks!!!<br>Here's hoping that they really can get all components functioning as intended in that amount of time.<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: MobileMess - 07/26/08 06:56 PM

Yep me too but I doubt it - like the status page says things will be better by the end of next week but I betcha it will take another 2 weeks after next to be close to 100%.<br><br>Apparently Apple completely under estimated the amount of traffic the servers would receive "adding more" and even some the software features of mobileMe could not handle the traffic either "re-tuning software" Keep in mind that iPhones are still being sold out soooo I hope they are using the engineers standard of calculating ? what ever the number is just add another 50% to be safe.<br><br>Yep Apple drop the ball and was caught with their pants down on this one. I sure hate to be the guy who was leading the charge on mobileMe<br><br>
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: MobileMess - 07/26/08 09:40 PM

What really pisses me off is that The Droog actually called this one. <br><br>[image][/image]
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: MobileMess - 07/27/08 05:40 AM

I'll take a stab at a guess - a couple months before the smoke clears.<br><br>- alec -
Posted by: polymerase

Re: MobileMess - 07/27/08 06:43 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I'll take a stab at a guess - a couple months before the smoke clears.<br><p><hr></blockquote><p> Am I the only one who has had no problems with mobile me? It works great. I have all my computers synching their calendars and I can add dates, multi day conferences to car tune-ups from any computer in the world by just logging into my me.com page. My wife's calendar is synched and overlaid onto it. Weee, one less thing to worry about.<br><br>I've tried out all the apps and they all seem to work fine but calendar is the killer app for me. The idea that I can sit at any computer, open a web page and upload anything I want is cool and I am sure I will use it but it is the calendar that floats my boat.<br><br>Is it because my account has been running since Apple opened this up years ago? Is my account on a good server and all the new accounts are crammed on new servers?<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: MobileMess - 07/27/08 08:33 AM

"Am I the only one who has had no problems with mobile me?"<br><br>No. You and I are the only two! <br><br>- alec -
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: MobileMess - 07/27/08 10:37 AM

Me three, me three, me three.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: MacBozo

Four - 07/27/08 01:10 PM

. <br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

FIVE - 07/27/08 02:50 PM

<br><br>
Posted by: padmavyuha

Re: FIVE - 07/27/08 02:55 PM

Since I installed the MobileMe update, I have to be careful not to quit Mail too soon after downloading mesages, or it just hangs...<br><br>[color:purple]A lopsided man runs best along the little side-hills of success<br>- Frank Moore Colby</font color=purple>
Posted by: FSM

Re: MobileMess - 07/27/08 02:59 PM

it's Pushing and chugging along just swell for me as well.<br><br>so make that +4.<br><br>--<br>[color:red] Kansas Jayhawks -- 2008 National Champions </font color=red>
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: FIVE - 07/29/08 07:38 AM

Mine has been doing that for quite a while, even pre-MobileMe. Is it indexing itself, I wonder? Even switching mailboxes will invoke the SBBOD for several seconds.<br><br>
Posted by: Clark

Re: MobileMess - 07/29/08 08:20 AM

Alec, you are visible again.<br>While you were invisible, did you do anything naughty like rob banks or hang out in girl's locker rooms?<br><br><br>

Re: MobileMess - 07/29/08 12:13 PM

Yes.<br><br><br><br>- alec -
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: MobileMess - 07/29/08 01:13 PM

Let me guess . . . <br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: Mike

Re: MobileMess - 07/29/08 04:24 PM

No problems here!<br><br>[color:blue][/b]Hodie mihi. Cras tibi.</font color=blue>[/b]