mobileme makes oi larf

Posted by: padmavyuha

mobileme makes oi larf - 07/22/08 04:38 PM

I just signed up for the free trial - and mobileme won't recognise my login. I went in to change the password, in case I typed it wrong, and after updating it I got this screen:<br><br><br><br>What fun - I'm not logged into the Japan website, there's no Continue button, and there's no list to the right. The MobileMe update is supposed to have updated my Mail app but there's no sign of my me.com info in the From dropdown. This is just silly - I'll try again in the morning. Sweet dreams...<br><br>- padmavyuha<br><br>[color:purple]A lopsided man runs best along the little side-hills of success<br>- Frank Moore Colby</font color=purple>

Re: mobileme makes oi larf - 07/22/08 05:18 PM

Well, this got solved at http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=7613824 - seems that when you create a new me.com account, apple creates a new AppleID for you, so you have to go into that account in Apple and change the password before you can log into me.com. So now I'm successfully logged in. I like it - in particular, I'm looking forward to using the server-side spam filtering, as my present ISP doesn't do it properly,<br><br>- padmavyuha<br><br>[color:purple]A lopsided man runs best along the little side-hills of success<br>- Frank Moore Colby</font color=purple>

Re: mobileme makes oi larf - 07/22/08 11:28 PM

Bah - still no sign of the update having put any mobileme stuff in Mail... I don't understand.<br><br>*edit* ...and the solution is to ignore the Apple instructions for Leopard and create the IMAP account manually (which the MobileMe update is supposed to have done autonatically). Once you enter a me.com address in the email address slot, it prompts you to create the account automatically. Now I have it all working.<br><br>[color:purple]A lopsided man runs best along the little side-hills of success<br>- Frank Moore Colby</font color=purple><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by padmavyuha on 07/23/08 02:49 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: mobileme makes oi larf - 07/23/08 05:25 AM

Since I already have (had) a mac.com account, there was no problem with the change to me.com other than the me.com accessibility problems in the first few days. Mail addressed to either @mac.com or @me.com lands in my original mac.com email account.<br><br>

Re: mobileme makes oi larf - 07/24/08 01:08 AM

Oh god, help me, help me... I promised myself I wouldn't buy an iPhone until I got a job, but I'm going past a shop today that has stock.... aieeeeeeeee (I'm so transparent - why would I get a MobileMe account now anyway?)<br><br>[color:purple]A lopsided man runs best along the little side-hills of success<br>- Frank Moore Colby</font color=purple>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: mobileme makes oi larf - 07/24/08 05:20 AM

If you have the willpower to pass buy without a glance, congratulations! If you don't, who could blame you? It IS, after all, the most amazing device to come along in quite some time. Resistance may be futile.<br><br><br><br>- alec -

Re: mobileme makes oi larf - 07/24/08 09:19 AM

Well, they didn't have one in the end, but I give in - I'm going to Exeter tomorrow, where there's both an O2 store and an Apple store. Now installing iCavein v6.xx with all the new cool 3D effects...<br><br>[color:purple]A lopsided man runs best along the little side-hills of success<br>- Frank Moore Colby</font color=purple>

Re: mobileme makes oi larf - 07/27/08 06:05 AM

Hooray, I can't get one! My O2 contract is too recent to upgrade it, I'll have to wait until December when the PAYG iphones come out, unless I want to be paying for 2 contracts at once. So I'm stuck with my current phone, which is an exercise in contentment for the 21st century. At least I've sort of got it sort of syncing now.<br><br>- padmavyuha<br><br>[color:purple]A lopsided man runs best along the little side-hills of success<br>- Frank Moore Colby</font color=purple>