F'in MobileMe *DELETED*

Posted by: Swatcat

F'in MobileMe *DELETED* - 07/22/08 12:18 PM

Post deleted by Swatcat
Posted by: polymerase

Re: F'in MobileMe - 07/22/08 12:39 PM

Your avatar is not working.<br><br><br><br>Oh wait, is it in your dot mac account? Sorry.<br><br><br>Borrow this:<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

Re: F'in MobileMe - 07/22/08 12:53 PM

Life was so much easier then <br>And Apple software worked like it should .<br><br> Apples Ultimate Amazing Crap !
Posted by: SgtBaxter

Re: F'in MobileMe - 07/22/08 01:52 PM

Really stick it to them and sign up for an account here!<br><br>;)<br><br><br><br>Hey I'm an F'n Jerk!
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: F'in MobileMe *DELETED* - 07/23/08 05:08 AM

Apple says "sorry".<br><br>Not good enough, in my books! No excuse for this length of service interruption.<br><br>- alec -

Re: F'in MobileMe *DELETED* - 07/23/08 11:33 AM

Gee I feel much better being one of the 1% now I can live my life to my fullest ability and know I plan to exceed all my expectations no matter how difficult I will look forward to new horizons and fill my heart with love for all mankind.<br><br>F'in MobileMe Mail Connection Doctor has been trying to log to my email account since this morning <br><br> Apples Ultimate Amazing Crap !

Re: F'in MobileMe *DELETED* - 07/23/08 11:46 AM

LOL!!! While the situation is a major f'up, I'm glad to see your sense of humour is intact!<br><br>- alec -

Re: F'in MobileMe *DELETED* - 07/23/08 11:52 AM

Yeah Im not ready to go off the deep edge and do something drastic to myself like getting my pecker caught in my zipper <br><br> Apples Ultimate Amazing Crap !
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: F'in MobileMe *DELETED* - 07/24/08 09:07 PM

Here's an image for you Swatty.<br><br><br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>

Re: F'in MobileMe *DELETED* - 07/25/08 03:09 AM

I am still in the 1% club I guess that is what I get for buying Leopard/Two new iMacs/Apple wireless N router/two iPhones/Mobleme/and other Apple goodies this year. <br><br> Apples Ultimate Amazing Crap !

Re: F'in MobileMe *DELETED* - 07/25/08 04:32 AM

Apple took your money and ran!<br><br>- alec -
Posted by: Jim_

Re: F'in MobileMe *DELETED* - 07/25/08 07:30 AM

I'm having trouble today with a customer and their iCal syncing. It keeps throwing up error messages on their computers.<br><br>They hate us too, you're not that special. <br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game

Re: F'in MobileMe *DELETED* - 07/25/08 10:05 AM

Apple took your money and ran!<br><br>The worst thing is they keep luring me back and I go for it hook line and sinker every time ! <br><br> Apples Ultimate Amazing Crap !

Re: F'in MobileMe *DELETED* - 07/25/08 10:07 AM

Reboot I have you know that I am special ! <br>My mommy told me so ! <br><br> Apples Ultimate Amazing Crap !

Re: F'in MobileMe *DELETED* - 07/25/08 10:30 AM

I've tried every sized hammer I have, short of wiping iCal on the machines and letting it sync from the online iCal. They have appointments that have been made on all machines so we have to remember what appointments they've made for the last week on each machine. The whole point of using iCal is so one doesn't have to remember.<br><br>Sucks for them but it doesn't suck for me though as I'm getting paid to figure it out. <br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game

Re: F'in MobileMe *DELETED* - 07/25/08 01:52 PM

I synced iCal with my iPhone what a mess some calenders I could read and some calenders were garbled to a point I could not read them and some would freeze the iPhone.<br>I removed all my calenders from iCal and my iPhone.<br>At the time I exported all my iCal calenders to ics files and will import them back to iCal when all the issues are cleared up.<br><br> Apples Ultimate Amazing Crap !

Re: F'in MobileMe *DELETED* - 07/25/08 06:22 PM

Pretty sucktastic.<br><br>I posted the following at Apple also in a post where someone was having the same problem.<br><br>Same here, it started when we changed passwords on Aug 18th. It's happening on both computers. One is on 10.5.4, the other is also, now as I ran the Combo updater on it to bring it up from 10.5.2 to try and fix the iCal problem.<br><br>I blew out everything in iCal on one computer and started over, moved the Calendar folder out of my Library folder, and the iSync and Sync services in my application Support folder out. I also moved out of the Preferences folder the 4 iCal plists and com.apple.syncserver.plist. I don't know if I missed anything.<br><br>I reset the password online.<br><br>I threw away the keychain entries, and repaired permissions, and of course restarted.<br><br>I still get the "data is inconsistent" error.<br><br>This account is one that cannot access Mail also.<br><br>I created a new trial account and it Syncs. How about that?<br><br>What is my next step I wonder? <br><br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game

Re: F'in MobileMe *DELETED* - 07/25/08 08:45 PM

I had that data is inconsistent error message initially, but after making the cloud calendar the default (fortunately I'd synched the .Mac version just before the change over) and resynching some five or six times, it finally resolved itself. Don't know why . . . just magic.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>
Posted by: carp

Re: F'in MobileMe *DELETED* - 07/25/08 09:08 PM

[color:blue]getting my pecker caught in my zipper</font color=blue> - Well I would not worry about that after what I read on the public restroom wall by a chic named iCal <br><br>

Re: F'in MobileMe *DELETED* - 07/25/08 09:33 PM

"but after making the cloud calendar the default"<br><br>You lost me there.<br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game

Re: F'in MobileMe *DELETED* - 07/25/08 09:56 PM

As I recall, if you click the "advanced" button (I think that's what it was) in the error message, it gives you the option to set which is the default calendar--one computer, another computer, or the the on-line calendar. So I made the on-line calendar the default and the two computers synched to that. I don't know how it would work with an iPhone.<br><br>[color:red]&#63743;</font color=red> [color:orange]&#63743;</font color=orange> [color:yellow]&#63743;</font color=yellow> [color:green]&#63743;</font color=green> [color:blue]&#63743;</font color=blue> [color:purple]&#63743;</font color=purple>

Re: F'in MobileMe *DELETED* - 07/26/08 03:00 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I don't know how it would work with an iPhone.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Neither do I, unfortunately. <br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game
Posted by: droogie

Re: WOW! - 07/26/08 03:37 AM

MobileME was *DELETED*? Already? And I had such high hopes for it! <br><br>droog<br><br>

Re: WOW! - 07/26/08 05:06 AM

The calender on the iPhone that was garbled and crashed had years of of events on it.<br>I think the problem is that this particular calender was started in Panther to Tiger to Leopard which all had diferent versions of iCal.<br>I do have another calender I have synced which works great on the iPhone however I chose to delete it until the bugs are worked out.<br><br>There is doubt that Apple will take care of these problems.<br><br><br><br> Apples Ultimate Amazing Crap !

Re: F'in MobileMe *DELETED* - 07/26/08 05:08 AM

I just tried it with the same account on a different computer that has never been synced, could not do it either. Something is rotten at Apple.<br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game

Re: F'in MobileMe *DELETED* - 07/26/08 05:22 AM

"I just tried it with the same account on a different computer that has never been synced, could not do it either. Something is rotten at Apple"<br><br>That is why I am holding off on syncing at the time also I wonder about security.<br>As for iDisk I have a total of four pic's up there one for my avatar and the others for my daughter.<br><br>About two weeks ago I added activation numbers for Mobileme because I got a discount and my .mac account was going to expire in 90 days or so.<br><br>So I checked system preffences I got the message that my account would renew in 90 day's. <br><br>Now when I check MobileMe I get <br>"Your account will expire in 78 days" <br><br> Apples Ultimate Amazing Crap !
Posted by: margadagio

Re: F'in MobileMe *DELETED* - 07/26/08 03:42 PM

Sorry to hear you've had so much trouble. <br><br>
Posted by: droogie

Re: WOW! - 07/28/08 04:29 AM

Yeah, I was only joking about the *DELETED* thing.<br><br>The calender on the iPhone that was garbled and crashed had years of of events on it.<br><br>OUCH! Sorry to hear that. <br><br>droog<br><br>