Is this new?

Posted by: Trog

Is this new? - 02/25/08 09:14 AM

This is the first time I've seen this error come up from a google search. And, FWIW, I was just searching a cell structure term, glycocalyx, to find an image. Its not like I put 'MILF' into the subject line. <br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Is this new? - 02/25/08 09:55 AM

Someone may be spoofing your current IP address and using it for malicious purposes.<br><br>- alec -
Posted by: Swatcat

Re: Is this new? - 02/25/08 11:13 AM

Um ! <br>I did a search on Goolge Error and found this it is affecting mac and pc mainly using Firefox<br><br>http://www.google.com/sorry/?continue=http://www.google.com/search%<br><br> My Ultimate Amazing Crap !
Posted by: polymerase

Re: Is this new? - 02/25/08 11:32 AM

My first guess would have been that has too many y's and x's and google thinks you are cracking a code but glycocalyx comes right up with many good hits from here.<br><br>And be sure to wet your hand with creek water before you catch and release that brook trout or you will remove the fish's glycocalyx and it will die.<br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: FSM

Re: Is this new? - 02/25/08 11:36 AM

were you on campus when you did this search?<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Is this new? - 02/25/08 12:05 PM

I have gotten that too on a couple of searches, but not all.<br><br>my photos
Posted by: Trog

Re: Is this new? - 02/25/08 01:34 PM

Its Safari, not Firefox, and I was at home rather than on campus. If others are seeing this occasionally, then I am not too terribly worried. As long as Mississauga is wrong about the reason for it.<br><br>Poly, as a lifelong flyfishing nut I am glad to hear other people know how important it is to handle the fish properly. In fact, if it is possible I don't even bring the trout out of the water. Although it isn't as big of a risk as dry hands, you can bruise their organs by gripping them tightly.<br><br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Is this new? - 02/25/08 04:11 PM

The spoofing isn't any great concern for you because perpetrators generally use an IP for a very short while; usually until it's "discovered". They'll then "move on" to another.<br><br>- alec -