Mail app and .Mac

Posted by: drjohn

Mail app and .Mac - 12/21/06 01:31 PM

Although I have "Check for new mail" set to Manually, my .Mac mail always downloads automatically when the Mail app is opened. Is there a way to keep this from happening? I'd prefer to ask for it before it downloads.<br><br>In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams<br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Mail app and .Mac - 12/21/06 01:39 PM

I hate to say this, drjohn, but I think you're experiencing another one of those unique-to-drjohn phenomena. If you have it set to check manually, it shouldn't check automatically. The only thing I can suggest is that you reset the preference and see if that helps.<br><br>____________________________________________________<br>Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,<br>But to be young was very heaven!
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Mail app and .Mac - 12/21/06 01:47 PM

Is it in here? Try changing that Check new mail to manually?<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Mail app and .Mac - 12/21/06 01:55 PM

Go to Accounts in the Mail prefs, select the account, check the Advanced tab, uncheck "Include when automatically checking for mail".<br><br>- alec -

Re: Mail app and .Mac - 12/21/06 02:03 PM

I do have the Check for new mail set to manually. I use two accounts and the only one that does this is the .Mac account. My ISP account behaves.<br><br>In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams<br>

Re: Mail app and .Mac - 12/21/06 02:31 PM

...<br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>you're experiencing another one of those unique-to-drjohn phenomena.<p><hr></blockquote><p>I frequently think I'm being used as a test case by Apple to see just how far they can frustrate someone before they turn to the dark side...which has been occurring to almost daily for a while now. I don't like being unique and my patience is growing thin. I'll drop this now, before I get angry and say what I really think. <br><br>In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams<br>

Re: Mail app and .Mac - 12/21/06 02:35 PM

I think that did the trick...thank you, Alec.<br><br>In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams<br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: Mail app and .Mac - 12/21/06 03:38 PM

They also assume no one is using dial-up anymore. <br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: Mail app and .Mac - 12/21/06 04:21 PM

Please change that setting back. Every time I open .Mail now, I'm getting your messages! <br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Mail app and .Mac - 12/21/06 05:13 PM

.Mac??? SUCKER!!! <br><br>CreativeGuy for daily tips, tricks and commentary on all things graphic design.

Re: Mail app and .Mac - 12/21/06 07:32 PM

I know, I know...I just don't know what to do about it. The only thing I use it for is the server for my tiny website, picture storage and sometimes the mail mail which I don't use much.<br><br>In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams<br>

Re: Mail app and .Mac - 12/21/06 07:37 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Every time I open .Mail now, I'm getting your messages!<p><hr></blockquote><p>If you think that would be a problem, then I guess you don't have any.<br><br>In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams<br>

Re: Mail app and .Mac - 12/22/06 05:27 AM

It's just that I already have a big you-know-what. <br><br>

Re: Mail app and .Mac - 12/25/06 06:09 AM

well we know it's not a big inseam <br><br>CreativeGuy for daily tips, tricks and commentary on all things graphic design.

Re: Mail app and .Mac - 12/25/06 07:34 AM

You measured? I was wondering who was tickling me there! <br><br>

Re: Mail app and .Mac - 12/25/06 09:07 PM

Merry Christmas! <br><br>CreativeGuy for daily tips, tricks and commentary on all things graphic design.

Re: Mail app and .Mac - 12/26/06 03:17 AM

Back atcha! <br><br>