gmail, just random thoughts ...

Posted by: cesrivas

gmail, just random thoughts ... - 02/07/06 06:25 PM

<br>now, that gmail will incorporate IM (google talk), it makes me wonder about which direction will google follow, going after exchange (maybe not againsts all the exchange fuctions).<br><br>+ as google serch applience and google mini, sell a email, IM, calender system, data indexing for small companies, like a pre-configured box and the only thing needed is to attach storage via a raid<br>+ add a calendering application to gmail for personal use, hotmail and yahoo have calenders with their mail system, but they s**k big time<br>+ voicemail system, features from the voice system from google talk.<br><br>what do you thing? <br><br>----<br>:) "In my experience, there's no such thing as luck." - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Posted by: sean

Re: gmail, just random thoughts ... - 02/07/06 06:54 PM

google is becoming the next microsoft. they'll have a monopoly of sorts; though, i can't envision 90% market-share. i wouldn't be surprised to see google come through in a few years with about a 70% share of the search market, which will carry over into their other web 2.0 apps. google is doing things pretty well, so they have a much more favorable opinion from the public than microsoft. that being said, yahoo and microsoft are going to put up a strong fight . . . but google is just better. <br><br>regarding the calendar app . . . i am still holding out hope for sunbird by mozilla. i have a soft spot for open source projects. <br><br>--<br>"I am mindful that diversity is one of the strengths of the country" --president bush on 9/27/05
Posted by: carp

Re: gmail, just random thoughts ... - 02/07/06 08:45 PM

Interesting<br>I glanced at a Wall Street Journal today but did not read it due to I was in a rent a car. Anyway there was a "search hit" comparison between MSN - Yahoo and Google. MSN had about 56% - Yahoo was second with 40% and the rest was Google. Something like that.<br><br>Anyway I wish I picked it up and read it. Also there was another comparison between the 3 and Google was dead last on that one too ?<br><br>
Posted by: cesrivas

Re: gmail, just random thoughts ... - 02/10/06 04:53 PM

whhattt! can I predict the future??<br><br>Big mail on campus<br><br>2/10/2006 10:20:00 AM<br>Posted by Stephanie Hannon, Gmail Product Manager<br><br>San Josť City College (SJCC) has embarked on a technology improvement program, and for the first time will be offering student email accounts. That's where we come in. We're testing a new service with the school by hosting Gmail accounts with SJCC domain addresses (like, plus admin tools for efficient account management. Massive storage and features that tame the most unruly inboxes, like powerful mail search, conversation view for messages, and a fast interface, make Gmail very handy for students. Together, we're pleased to provide this channel for better communications and a stronger community for all 10,000 SJCC students.<br><br>If your school, business or organization is interested in following SJCC's lead, let us know.<br><br><br><br><br>----<br>:) "In my experience, there's no such thing as luck." - Obi-Wan Kenobi