idisk initial problem

Posted by: macidiot

idisk initial problem - 10/26/05 07:06 AM

I am trying to use my iDisk for the first time, but it doesn't let me synchronize it with the .mac account (ERROR 12). After having created the copy of the idisk it keeps telling me that in order to finish the initial installation I have to go online with .mac and my password. I don't understand what it means (I have been online all the time...!) Anybody has a solution?<br><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: idisk initial problem - 10/26/05 07:30 AM

Go here:<br>.Mac<br>On the right on the light blue bar, there is a login link.<br><br><br>For Mike
Posted by: macidiot

Re: idisk initial problem - 10/26/05 08:01 AM

Thanks for the answer, I had done it and it doesn't change the fact that the sync won't start. "You cannot sync at this time (error 12)" I am using OS 10.3.9.<br><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: idisk initial problem - 10/26/05 08:10 AM

In your System Preferences/Internet and Network/idisk:<br>-make sure all info is there under the account tab<br>-under the idisk tab make sure you have clicked the "start" button, and set it to automatically sync<br><br>If you have done all this and still get the error message, then they could be having server problems at this time (it does happen)<br><br>I've got to tell you, I used to have a copy of my idisk on my computer and sync it.<br>I don't anymore, it's too much trouble. I can quickly mount my idisk and copy files to it and know that they are uploaded on the spot.<br><br><br>For Mike
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: idisk initial problem - 10/26/05 09:10 AM

iDisk has been behaving badly for the past few hours. Try again later.<br><br>- alec
Posted by: steveg

Re: idisk initial problem - 10/26/05 11:51 AM

iDisk syncing has been pretty unsatisactory for months now. I finally gave up and trashed the local copy, and when I need to upload a file, I just mount my iDisk manually via the "Go" menu, copy my files over, and eject the iDisck when I'm done. Even then, performance can be sluggish, but at least you're not being plagued by sync errors.<br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: idisk initial problem - 10/26/05 01:38 PM

I don't believe you even need to go to the go menu. Just open a finder window and the iDisk icon will be in the left column. You can access it from there and it will also mount on the desktop.<br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: idisk initial problem - 10/26/05 01:59 PM

Yah. That too. But when I only need my public folder, I use "Other User's Public Folder", and it's a little quicker.<br><br>