Dear Yahoo Traffic Widget:

Posted by: Pete

Dear Yahoo Traffic Widget: - 09/15/05 07:23 AM

<br><br>You SUCK. I just sat in 2 HOURS OF BUMPER TO BUMPER traffic, stuck behind a giant gravel truck spewing black smoke and little pieces of gravel falling out of the back, bouncing off my windshield. Police cars whizzing by me left and right on the shoulders of the road, rain pouring down in SHEETS- so loud that I can't even hear my own radio.<br><br>'No incident has been reported', eh? Today you go into the trash, Mr. Yahoo Traffic Widget. Buh-bye.<br><br>Love, Pete<br><br>
Posted by:

Re: Dear Yahoo Traffic Widget: - 09/15/05 07:30 AM

Dear Pete,<br><br><embed src="http://fangor.freeshell.org/sound/wahwah.wav" width=320 height=25 controller=true autoplay=false><br><br>XXXOOO,<br>Yahoo<br><br>

Re: Dear Yahoo Traffic Widget: - 09/15/05 07:40 AM

Thanks, I can always count on you Sam. <br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: Dear Yahoo Traffic Widget: - 09/15/05 07:48 AM

Local am news channel is no better down here. I can't count the number of times I've been trucking along only to get caught in dead-stop traffic. Never fails, two minutes later, the announcer comes on with their traffic "alert" telling folks to steer clear of the jam I'm in and it's obvious it's been a jam for 10 or 15 minutes. Way to stay on top of things, guys.<br><br>
Posted by: alAnonymous

Re: Dear Yahoo Traffic Widget: - 09/15/05 08:34 AM

Well... the obvious question is... did YOU report your "incident"? If not, I think you just found your prob! (nobody's reporting)... <br><br>-------<br>My Audioblog / Podcast - "Aural Fixation"

Re: Dear Yahoo Traffic Widget: - 09/15/05 08:45 AM

Yahoo Traffic Widget didn't give me its number. It never writes, it never comes over anymore...<br><br>It's hard, but we're breaking up.<br><br>

Re: Dear Yahoo Traffic Widget: - 09/15/05 09:14 AM

Man... gotta hate that slow cold shoulder of death...<br><br>-------<br>My Audioblog / Podcast - "Aural Fixation"
Posted by: ezyrider

Re: Dear Yahoo Traffic Widget: - 09/15/05 01:51 PM

The funny thing is XM's local traffic is usually much more accurate than any of the local radio stations with all the frickin' helicopters buzzing about. <br><br><br><br>
Posted by: LoveTheBomb

Re: Dear Yahoo Traffic Widget: - 09/15/05 04:34 PM

I know how you feel... my gas widget has been at $2.40 for the past month.<br><br>
Posted by: carp

Re: Dear Yahoo Traffic Widget: - 09/15/05 08:38 PM

I hate to say it Pete but alAnonymous could be right - nobody reported the mess. Then again Yahoo would be last on my list to report to in the first place. How do they get that info anyway ?<br><br>A popular local radio station is best. However here there was these 2 jerks who called in false reports a few times.<br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: Dear Yahoo Traffic Widget: - 09/16/05 05:20 AM

So 10.4 has spawned the Widget-Dependent generation? Boxers or briefs today? Consult the UnderWidget. Chinese or brown-bag for lunch today? The Cafeteria Widget knows all. Sex tonight? Depends on the Headache Widget. <br><br>

Re: Dear Yahoo Traffic Widget: - 09/16/05 06:35 AM

I looked at the widget AFTER I got to work just to see what all the traffic was about, and it displayed what you see above.<br><br>Jerk. <br><br><br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Pete on 09/16/05 09:37 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: Dear Yahoo Traffic Widget: - 09/16/05 03:49 PM

RE: Jerk<br>Seems to be a lot of that going around these days <br><br>-------<br>My Audioblog / Podcast - "Aural Fixation"
Posted by: steveg

Re: Dear Yahoo Traffic Widget: - 09/16/05 04:23 PM

Oooooh. The Wedgie Widget.<br><br> <br><br>