Gmail Invites

Posted by:

Gmail Invites - 02/02/05 06:19 AM

It must be getting closer and closer to showtime with Gmail cos there's an invite feature built in to the sidebar of it and I've got 50 to give away. Good Lord!!<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Gmail Invites - 02/02/05 06:22 AM

Does mean they are going to start charging us? Every time I give one away I get another within a day. Anyone want one? Still have 4.<br><br>
Posted by:

Re: Gmail Invites - 02/02/05 06:24 AM

Gotcha beat. <br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: Gmail Invites - 02/02/05 06:32 AM

I've got a bunch too. <br><br><br>The only thing Gmail is missing is the ability to check other POP email.<br><br>=========================================<br><br>It's not that I'm always right, it's just that I'm so seldom wrong....
Posted by:

Re: Gmail Invites - 02/02/05 06:36 AM

With that it would be the king of the universe! It's so fast, especially on a PC. ZOOM!!!<br><br>

Re: Gmail Invites - 02/02/05 06:38 AM

Everything is faster on a PC...ZOOM!!!<br><br>=========================================<br><br>It's not that I'm always right, it's just that I'm so seldom wrong....
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Gmail Invites - 02/02/05 06:38 AM

I must admit that I was skeptical about Gmail, but I've had two accounts for a while now and no spam at all to either one. And it IS quite fast! The only thing I wish it had was the ability to create folders. I don't want to have to rely on searching to find something when I could just as easily create folders to narrow it down.<br><br>
Posted by:

Re: Gmail Invites - 02/02/05 06:42 AM

Well, you can make Labels to sort things out. But they're still grouped together in your inbox. I've been using it for about 6 months and it's come along way even in that short period of time.<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Gmail Invites - 02/02/05 06:51 AM

By the way, if you use FireFox, there is a handy little GMail notifier extension available to tell you when you have mail, and give you quick access to your inbox.<br><br>

Re: Gmail Invites - 02/02/05 06:53 AM

Yeah....the labels are cool, but they need to change that. It's still a bit cumbersome. Instead of just moving an e-mail to a folder, you have to create a label, then apply the label, then archive it to "move" it from your inbox. <br><br>It would be like if Apple got rid of folders in mail and just told everybody to make mail playlists. <br><br>=========================================<br><br>It's not that I'm always right, it's just that I'm so seldom wrong....
Posted by:

Re: Gmail Invites - 02/02/05 07:09 AM

Yeah, I have that for Firefox here at work. There's a menubar thingy for X that's (I think) made by the same dude(s).<br><br>

Re: Gmail Invites - 02/02/05 07:11 AM

They've improved the Gmail notifier extension....I just wish the alert sound worked with it. I tried it and no dice. Must be windows only. <br><br>=========================================<br><br>It's not that I'm always right, it's just that I'm so seldom wrong....
Posted by: Michael

Re: Gmail Invites - 02/02/05 07:19 AM

There's a menubar thingy for X<br><br>GMailStatus<br><br>

Re: Gmail Invites - 02/02/05 07:28 AM

I have one teeny tiny complaint about Gmail Status...<br><br>With Gmail status installed, when you first log in to the computer, the keyboard shortcuts to the Finder won't work. You have to either click the desktop or use the Command-tab to "activate" the Finder.<br><br>Hardly anything major, just a bit odd. <br><br>=========================================<br><br>It's not that I'm always right, it's just that I'm so seldom wrong....
Posted by: Michael

Re: Gmail Invites - 02/02/05 07:33 AM

I always use command tab anyways so I never noticed.<br><br>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: Gmail Invites - 02/02/05 10:17 AM

i think it's great! i wonder when are they starting to charge for it to get rid of the ads. :)<br><br>
Posted by: cesrivas

Re: Gmail Invites - 02/06/05 03:40 PM

I got 50 invitations, too. if someone wants one, please, PM me :)<br><br>----<br>:)