Blogging

Posted by: Anonymous

Blogging - 10/04/04 09:30 AM

Any thoughts on getting started blogging. <br><br>I have a .Mac account and iBlog. Not looking to do anything fancy. <br><br>How does the word spread on interesting blogs? <br><br>Any books or web site that could be recommended?<br><br>Thanks<br><br>Bob<br><br>Adventures in time: http://homepage.mac.com/bobembry/free/ Contact info in navigation bar.
Posted by: adzoox

Re: Blogging - 10/04/04 10:03 AM

I suggest Blogger.com instead - there are a lot of features that I like about it. It also seems to get into google searches pretty easily.<br><br>I run my jackwhispers blog with it - after testing several (including iBlog) - blogger had the most control.<br><br>One of the best features is the timeshifted editting. I can edit any post - any content for any date I choose. So it's great for posting older or transferred content.<br><br>I used this feature so people could comment on my older stories at jackwhispers and get me even more keywords into Google.<br><br>The best way to advertise is to whore to your audience. Find websites that deal with your content, link to it.<br><br>Another way is to googlebomb it:<br><br>Go to your blog entry, then, in safari's google search bar - type a search term that relates. Instead of going to one of the search results that appeared, go back to your blog entry. Get a few different IPs to do this for you.<br><br>Of course the best way is to get people to link to your entry. Even if you create multiple yahoo aliases and have different websites that are just link pages that link to all your different entries - kind of like a table of contents.<br><br><br><br>www.adzoox.com & www.jackwhispers.com
Posted by: iraszl

Re: Blogging - 10/04/04 01:10 PM

blogger doesn't have categories and trackback, otherwise it IS great.<br><br>BTW. .Mac still doesn't offer php or asp? it's amazing how can this survive :)<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by iraszl on 10/04/04 04:21 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>
Posted by: adzoox

Re: Blogging - 10/05/04 06:41 AM

actually blogger does have categories - most people don't know how to use or what trackback is.<br><br>what do you use?<br><br>www.adzoox.com & www.jackwhispers.com
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Blogging - 10/05/04 06:55 AM

We use Blogger for CreativeBits.<br><br>Would you mind sharing how to set up categories for blogger, as it's been bothering me that I can't figure out a good way to set them up (other than linking to a second blog).<br><br>
Posted by: charlie

Re: Blogging - 10/06/04 04:16 AM

Yeah. I'd like categories on Blogger, too.<br><br>And you can use trackback, but it means a 3rd party add in from Haloscan<br><br><br>My Blog<br><br>
Posted by: hayesk

Re: Blogging - 10/06/04 02:17 PM

ASP? I'm sure .Mac will survive without a Microsoft-invented server-side inline HTML processor. <br><br>