Real's new ad campaign - who's it cheatin?

Posted by: adzoox

Real's new ad campaign - who's it cheatin? - 08/17/04 04:50 AM

So, is Real taking a loss on each song or are they giving the artist less?<br><br>I say it's probably a combination of the two.<br><br>Apple's take on each song is roughly 13 cents. That is reduced to about a 3 cent profit per song after admin costs.<br><br>I too am for open source, file sharing, and standards - I'm not for cracking or hacking into anything trying to tell a company, "We like open source, so we are MAKING you open source. Here everybody, here's a technology that is the equivalent to bolt cutters"<br><br>I hope everyone looks at Rob Glaser as the sleaze that he is and starts to avoid real upon their next media content creation or delivery. I also hope the music industry sees this as a threat and requests that Real stop these predatory practices.<br><br><br>www.adzoox.com & www.jackwhispers.com
Posted by: Michael

Re: Real's new ad campaign - who's it cheatin? - 08/17/04 11:14 AM

I've been avoiding Real for 5 years. <br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Real's new ad campaign - who's it cheatin? - 08/17/04 01:16 PM

New Petition online to expose Real:<br><br>http://www.petitiononline.com/notreal/petition.html<br><br>Sign it if you want<br><br>
Posted by: G4Dualie

Re: Real's new ad campaign - who's it cheatin? - 08/18/04 08:34 PM

All I know is, it's not working! Real's stock tanked yesterday by 20 cents a share to end the day at $5. Their music sales was a loss leader no doubt. After the company's poor stock performance Real has a real decision to make on whether to scrap the 49 cent song the investor's have provided their two-cents worth.<br><br>The website they published to field input was inundated by mac fans, forcing Real to pull the site down. Many of the comments contained profanity directed at Glaser.<br><br>This whole affair is a disaster for Glaser if you ask me. I'm glad too. I don't like his player, his service, or his attitude. Rob Glaser sucks the big one.<br><br>As far as open source goes, I'm for it but not where the iPod or iTunes is concerned. The technology is too new and Apple deserves first-rights and first crack at recuperating it's investment.<br><br><br>[color:red]I am not John Kerry and I made this ad.</font color=red>