GMail vaporware

Posted by: JonnyCat

GMail vaporware - 07/22/04 05:58 PM

Funny how Google has 'announced' their 1 gig email but it's not available. Everyone (Yahoo, MSN, SpyMac) seems to be tripping over themselves to offer supersized mail boxes. I wonder if it's just a ploy for Google to get their competitors to spend money needlessly.<br><br>[color:blue]All your sock puppets are belong to us</font color=blue>
Posted by: Trog

Re: GMail vaporware - 07/22/04 06:02 PM

I've been wondering the same thing. I do realize they are new to the scene, but how many months of beta testing does it take to get an email service running?<br><br><br><br><br>----<br> <br><br>Homeland Security Advisory
Posted by: LoveTheBomb

Re: GMail vaporware - 07/22/04 06:24 PM

i kinda like it being invite only... it's never slow like my yahoo mail ALWAYS is. I'm not complaining<br><br>-Matt<br><br>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: GMail vaporware - 07/22/04 06:52 PM

Gmail needs to come out before school starts, otherwise people are just going to forget about it. <br><br>
Posted by: morserj

Re: GMail vaporware - 07/22/04 07:20 PM

I think they said a little while ago that they would take it out of invite only beta mode "sometime before the end of the year".<br><br>Ryan<br><br>11-02-04 end of an error
Posted by:

Re: GMail vaporware - 07/22/04 07:54 PM

Google's funny like that.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: GMail vaporware - 07/22/04 08:05 PM

At least we get to use that!<br><br><br>----<br> <br><br>Homeland Security Advisory