Google News? When?

Posted by: iRock

Google News? When? - 09/23/02 08:36 PM

http://news.google.com/<br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>"Oh, give me a home..."
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Google News? When? - 09/23/02 09:05 PM

Must have just appeared. I looked on Google earlier today and I'd swear the news link wasn't up. Of course, I could have just skipped it cause I didn't expect it to be there <br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Google News? When? - 09/23/02 09:28 PM

Is this a big deal or something? Honestly... I didn't here any hoo-haa about it. Is it supposed to be better than every other news portal site?<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: iRock

Re: Google News? When? - 09/23/02 09:46 PM

Oh my yesssss, it's the subliminal that makes it unique. Of course you have to be super intelligent or it seems ordinary.<br><br>Cheers, iRock<br>"Oh, give me a home..."

Re: Google News? When? - 09/23/02 10:30 PM

Hmmm.... I don't like it. No ability to customize it at all. I'll stick with Excite.<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: Mississauga

Re: Google News? When? - 09/24/02 05:39 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>... you have to be super intelligent or it seems ordinary.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Of COURSE you don't like it, MG! It probably hurts your head!!! <br><br>[color:red]Alec</font color=red>

Re: Google News? When? - 09/24/02 06:53 AM

the news is great, but it's too much news on one page with no ability to customize it. Some news I don't care to read. It is better than other sites I've tried though.<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Google News? When? - 09/24/02 02:52 PM

I do appreciate the clear design that they have put together thus far. That's probably my favorite aspect of Google: its clean layout.<br><br>

Re: Google News? When? - 09/24/02 03:05 PM

Yes, I hope they don't turn google into another Yahoo!<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: sross

Re: Google News? When? - 09/24/02 03:40 PM

They have a slick little feature (windoze only right now) that puts a search window in the menu bar. It also has a little "thermometer" that shows the relative use or visits to a particular site. <br>Maybe we should start sending requests for some Mac features.<br><br>

Re: Google News? When? - 09/24/02 04:00 PM

There is an app available right now for OSX that puts a floating Google Search box on your desktop - you can have it float on top of all other apps, or below them. The box can be moved anywhere on the screen you want.<br><br><br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Google News? When? - 09/25/02 02:24 AM

yahoo is not good for me. it has too many ads...<br><br> Great Day!

Re: Google News? When? - 09/25/02 08:13 AM

agreed... Yahoo got too commercialized.<br><br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>