How to quote a post

Posted by: yoyo52

How to quote a post - 05/31/01 10:54 AM

This is no doubt a silly question that reflects my lack of perceptivity. Still, I have no idea of how to go about quoting another post within my own post. Is ther a buton to click, or do I have to use html tags?<br><br>And that's true too/--Shakespeare, King Lear
Posted by: StanFlack

Re: How to quote a post - 05/31/01 10:59 AM

OK, for those of you who have been watching this thread -- we had some database problems today. I deleted out the thread, as it was a mess and reposted yoyo52's question. Sorry about that chief!! <br><br>I am looking into the quoting issue and hope to have that answered for you by tomorrow at the latest.<br><br>Treebeard, your original reply got deleted in this shuffle, so I apologize for that.<br><br>I am trying to figure out why the post(s) got messed up in the first place to ensure that it does not happen again.<br><br>Thanks for your patience guys!<br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Stan<br><br>

Re: How to quote a post - 05/31/01 11:02 AM

Well, the post I'd submitted was in response to Treebeard's suggestion, so there's no point in posting it again (mostly cause i don't remember what I said ).<br><br>And that's true too/--Shakespeare, King Lear

Re: How to quote a post - 05/31/01 11:05 AM

OK, please accept my apologies once again.<br><br>

Re: How to quote a post - 05/31/01 01:23 PM

No apologies necessary. I'm just curious about how the thing happened.<br><br>And that's true too/--Shakespeare, King Lear

Re: How to quote a post - 05/31/01 03:44 PM

I think what happened -- so far as I can tell -- is that we were experimenting with the problem we are having with titles changing, The issue seems to be file permissions. The directory that houses the titles is the same one as the "badwords" file. In the course of that, I think at the moment we were altering the file, you posted, and since the software couldn't access the "badwords" file... everything was censored. Does that make sense?<br><br>We are still working on it, so thanks for your patience my friend.<br><br>Warmest regards,<br><br>Stan<br><br>
Posted by: johnengler

Re: How to quote a post - 05/31/01 05:14 PM

heh... in nycdewd's case - I wouldn't mind if all of his posts were completely censored <br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2