CLicking news links from main site

Posted by: Anonymous

CLicking news links from main site - 05/31/01 09:21 AM

When reading the day's news, I frequently click the links provided to the parent story to get teh big picture on subjects that interest me. I'm sure you provide these links for this exact reason.<br><br>However, it is a bit self-defeating to have these links when clicked then load up in the original browser window. For one, sometimes I select many of the day's links before reading any of them; for another, I might select links on this new page, thus taking me farther and farther from the home page.<br>I like being anchored to the source, and don't like having to push the back button some unknown number of times to get back. I think it's doing a disservice to readers who just want to check out a link, because then they end up going back and forth for every story.<br><br>It makes for a much cleaner and more flexible experience; try implementing it please.<br><br>you are not your signature
Posted by: StanFlack

Re: CLicking news links from main site - 05/31/01 11:17 AM

Good point!! Consider it done! <br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Stan<br><br>
Posted by: johnengler

Re: CLicking news links from main site - 05/31/01 02:16 PM

Hold down the "apple" key when clicking on links, and it opens the links in new windows.... really helpful on a Mac - thanks for that tip Misha.<br><br>John<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2

Re: CLicking news links from main site - 06/03/01 06:45 AM

Its still the same. I know the Apple key trick, but its easier to implement it than getting injured with that wrist disease (what do you call it ?)<br><br>Vijay<br><br>I am dangerous. I am Dyslexic of Borg. Fusistance is retile. Your a$$ will be laminated.
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: CLicking news links from main site - 06/04/01 09:29 AM

you mean Carpul Tunnel syndrome? (dont' think I spelled it right)<br><br>

Re: CLicking news links from main site - 06/04/01 10:10 AM

Yep, John ! Thats the one. I think the spelling is off.<br><br>Thanks.<br><br>Vijay<br><br>I am dangerous. I am Dyslexic of Borg. Fusistance is retile. Your a$$ will be laminated.