Fewer forums!

Posted by: Anonymous

Fewer forums! - 05/30/01 03:45 PM

Are you guys nuts?<br>I was here a week ago and there was only the cafe, which an appropriate number of forums for the rate of posting at that time.<br><br>But now you have broken it up into a handful of forums, and I must say it is too soon. Having so many forums at this very early stage in the site's development makes it look sickly. A new visitor comes in to check out the forums; if they see that there is a lot of activity going on in one forum, that is preferable to the situation now: no activity in many forums.<br><br>Do yourselves, and us, a favor: split the forums up as traffic starts to increase and the theme of the site become self-defining. How can you possibly know at this premature point that your audience will want an OS X forum? You don't! You must wait, and read what they discuss, and divide your forums ONLY when reaching critical mass and ONLY into categories which you can support, interest-wise!!!<br><br>you are not your signature
Posted by: StanFlack

Re: Fewer forums! - 05/30/01 03:53 PM

Thanks for your thoughts Gametes. We have had requests for a lot of forums and I have tried to be restrictive in what we have added.<br><br>I just want to say that I couldn't agree with you more -- in other words, less is more. We will only add forums as the traffic grows and the need for them arises.<br><br>Not to fear my friend... I am not going to flood the Café with tons and tons of different boards. We are of the same mind.<br><br>Thanks again for your feedback. It is appreciated.<br><br>Warmest regards,<br><br>Stan<br><br>
Posted by: johnengler

Re: Fewer forums! - 05/30/01 06:19 PM

Good to hear that you're listening to readers feedback so much Stan.<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2
Posted by: StanFlack

Re: Fewer forums! - 05/31/01 02:09 AM

No problem. As far as I am concerned, this is our site, not just mine. I think we can build really great things here, but I can't do it without the Member's help. <br><br>The day the Members stop being a part of the action is the day I pack it in. That's half the fun... isn't it? <br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Stan<br><br>
Posted by: johnengler

Re: Fewer forums! - 05/31/01 08:59 AM

I'd have to agree with you there Stan....<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2