Profile picture

Posted by: vrmac

Profile picture - 05/02/02 01:22 AM

I am having trouble getting my profile picture up. I have it in my Pictures folder on the iDisk. Do I need to create a page for it at homepage, before I can link to it? If I just use the homepage.mac.com url, the picture down't show. I tried to link it using the iDisk url, but then I suppose you have to connect to iDisk to view it.<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Profile picture - 05/02/02 02:53 AM

I assume you already know that once you upload a picture to your iDisk, you have to use your browser and go to http://itools.mac.com/WebObjects/iTools.woa?aff=consumer&cty=US&lang=en (not sure if that will work yet, basically it is the iTools section at apple.com) and edit your webpage in order for that picture to show.<br><br>Then, once it gives you the url for your mac.com page, go there, click on the picture you want, right click and choose "open image in new window" to enable the url for the picture to show up. The picture can only be so big to appear right (Picture size is 65x75 pixels).<br><br>Then go to (here at Macminute) Control Panels -->Personal Information (under Main Configuration), then scroll down and put the url in the block titled: "Your Picture (Entire URL - Picture size is 65x75 pixels)" Click submit and it should show up.<br><br>Sorry I had to go into such detail, but this way you should get it to appear. Hope this helps!<br><br>the url does work.
Posted by: johnengler

Re: Profile picture - 05/02/02 05:50 AM

great explanation addict... I didn't know myself, don't really use iDisk all that much.<br><br><br>"Great necessities call out for great virtues."<br>--Abigail Adams<br>
Posted by: TimL

Re: Profile picture - 05/02/02 09:48 AM

Unless you've moved it, it should link to<br>http://homepage.mac.com/vrbali/.Pictures/Sunrise.jpg<br>Note the period before Pictures. Also, that picture is wide not tall, so it will be distorted.<br><br>
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: Profile picture - 05/02/02 11:17 AM

Actually, I have pictures just hanging loose in my Pictures folder, and they show-up just fine - I didn't have to do anything to edit anything in a webpage ...<br><br>=)<br><br>***matt<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Profile picture - 05/03/02 09:45 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Actually, I have pictures just hanging loose in my Pictures folder, and they show-up just fine<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>Same here.<br><br>And that's true too.--Shakespeare, King Lear
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Profile picture - 05/12/02 01:13 PM

Me too, but then again, I use my own website for these picts anyway.<br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: johnengler

Re: Profile picture - 05/12/02 02:49 PM

yes, and I must say that some of them:<br><br><br><br>are great<br><br>these are cool too.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>thanks.<br><br>You ought to submit some of your vegas pics to MacDesktops as Desktops Pictures.<br><br><br><br>Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.<br>-- Aaron Levenstein