Logged out post

Posted by: NucleusG4

Logged out post - 01/16/14 07:32 AM

I would have responded to your post Reboot... but it's locked or something... no "reply" button.
Anyways... was going to say that this used to happen to me ALL the time at my work computer... maybe a network issue on this end, but I haven't been logged out unexpectedly in a loong time.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Logged out post - 01/16/14 07:43 AM

All of the posts I read this AM showed up as unread too.

To keep the traffic down for Neil since he gets a notification when posts are made here, I locked the other thread and just let him know it is happening to all of us. smile
Posted by: neil

Re: Logged out post - 01/16/14 07:44 AM

Thanks Jim.

So, the issue is that you're going along fine and get logged out for no reason.

Right?

I have no idea what would be causing that ... other than flaky connectivity, which HostGator (where this site is hosted) has had a lot more of in recent months.
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: Logged out post - 01/16/14 08:24 AM

I still think it's a cookie issue. When I had mine set to expire at the end of each session, I always had to log in here. Since I changed them to keep until they expire, I usually stay logged in. Lately, however, there are times that I have to log in again. It hasn't happened in the last couple of days now.
Posted by: neil

Re: Logged out post - 01/16/14 08:30 AM

Ok ... so then at this point, I think we're "wait and watch" ... as I don't see enough pattern, info yet to understand what may be causing this.

Jim: Keep me posted.
Thanks!

Neil

Re: Logged out post - 01/16/14 09:09 AM

Originally Posted By: MacBozo
I still think it's a cookie issue.
Me too, since posts I've read since the last time I was logged in show up as not read.
Originally Posted By: Neil
So, the issue is that you're going along fine and get logged out for no reason.
Correct.

I'll check the UBB help forums and see if I can find anything.

Re: Logged out post - 01/18/14 05:40 PM

Just got logged out again.

Re: Logged out post - 02/03/14 05:46 PM

Logged out again this evening. The Remember me box was unchecked again, too.
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: Logged out post - 02/03/14 06:44 PM

Same issue here

Re: Logged out post - 02/03/14 07:14 PM

I haven't had a chance to check in to this yet, it seems like a common problem though.

Re: Logged out post - 02/11/14 08:54 AM

Just an FYI.

I found this. I let Neil know. He's getting ready for Boot camp III in Seattle tomorrow so he's probably busy right now.