Incomplete page loading

Posted by: MacBozo

Incomplete page loading - 12/25/13 04:34 PM

For the past two or three days, the forums never finish loading. Right now, it's stuck on "Transferring data from sniff.visistat.com." After several seconds (30?), it changes to "Connecting to forums.mactech.com" and hangs there for an indefinite time. The forums continue to function, however. Page load does complete, eventually.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Incomplete page loading - 12/25/13 07:59 PM

Noticed the same thing here.
Posted by: neil

Re: Incomplete page loading - 12/26/13 07:12 AM

I am unable to reproduce this problem. Can you see if it's still happening?
Thanks!

Neil

Re: Incomplete page loading - 12/26/13 10:41 AM

It's still happening. In Safari 6 the url bar has an X on the right which is stop loading. After a page loads that X changes to a circular arrow. Now it stays X for a couple of minutes or so.

If you use Firefox it will actually show what it hangs on in the bottom left of the window. Right now it's "Transferring data from tps10.03.doubleverify.com." A reload and it's something different, b.socrecardresearch.com this time.

Re: Incomplete page loading - 12/26/13 10:54 AM

What's interesting is that I don't see this at all in Safari 7.0.1 -- but I do see some issues on Firefox.

There's likely two issues here.
1) Visistat -- which we're not using any more and I've just disabled.
2) Server issues ... which I think are just temp load issues.

Let me know if it's better.

Re: Incomplete page loading - 12/26/13 11:45 AM

I see it Safari 7 still. Try Firefox. Apple got rid of Activity window, more dumbing down. In Firefox the bottom left of the window shows what is hanging and the Stop button stays lit to press.

In Safari the page seems like it loads but the X stays in the url field on the right.

Now it's "Connecting to forums.mactech.com" or "Transferring data from p.rfihub.com"

Hangs on the iPhone too, the gear keeps spinning next to the network icon on the left and the url bar has an X in it for a couple of minutes.

Re: Incomplete page loading - 12/26/13 01:07 PM

"Transfering data from r.skimresources.com" and the "Connecting to forums.mactech.com." It takes several minutes to complete - same behavior as Jim is getting. I'm running FF 26.0. Let me try Safari and Chrome

Safai 6.1.1 edit: No hang for me. Page loads completely and quickly.

Google Chrome edit: Hangs some, but not as long as FF does.

Re: Incomplete page loading - 12/26/13 01:11 PM

ok, no more feedback necessary on this issue.
I think it's a server issue that we're working on already.
I'll let you know when to re-test.

Re: Incomplete page loading - 01/09/14 11:18 AM

It seems to be working okay the last day or so.

Re: Incomplete page loading - 01/09/14 02:06 PM

Same here.