Is it time to rethink MMC hierarchy?

Posted by: squareman

Is it time to rethink MMC hierarchy? - 06/25/03 04:26 PM

With something like 90% of all new posts going into the cafe and OSX being more standard than the exception should we not roll Mac Local and OS X cafe together? This way, it's easier to have one place for tech/industry questions and the cafe for all else.<br><br><pre>** sometimes you win, and sometimes you learn **</pre><p>
Posted by: JonnyCat

Re: Is it time to rethink MMC hierarchy? - 06/25/03 05:00 PM

Sort of a choice between a fast moving forum where the topics last a couple of days and a slower paced one where the topics are there to digest for awhile <br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Is it time to rethink MMC hierarchy? - 06/25/03 06:43 PM

I like the idea... I would like to see a "Mac/Tech" Forum, and the "Lounge" as the only two forums aside from this one.<br><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: Is it time to rethink MMC hierarchy? - 06/25/03 06:50 PM

sounds good to me<br><br><br>My Stuff
Posted by: Trog

Re: Is it time to rethink MMC hierarchy? - 06/25/03 07:45 PM

Yeah, with the exception of a very few people (*cough*Carp*cough*), everything is about OSX now. No reason to have two forums really.<br><br> <br> <br> <br>
Posted by: greenme1

Re: Is it time to rethink MMC hierarchy? - 06/25/03 10:35 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p> (*cough*Carp*cough*)<p><hr></blockquote><p>LOL! <br><br>
Posted by: RubenC

Re: Is it time to rethink MMC hierarchy? - 06/26/03 10:09 AM

Here, here! or is it Hear, hear! <br><br>
Posted by: StanFlack

Re: Is it time to rethink MMC hierarchy? - 06/28/03 06:41 AM

I agree. The same thing applies to our Mac OS X icon for OS X stories. We need to remove that as well I think. I can't remember the last time we covered a Classic story.<br><br>As for the forum, let's roll the OS X forum into the Local, as you suggest. The only problem is that there are two many posts in there to manually move them into one board. So, let's set a date, and at that point we will simply delete the Mac OS X forum.<br><br>Sound like a plan?<br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Stan
Posted by: iRock

Re: Is it time to rethink MMC hierarchy? - 06/28/03 09:38 AM

I like that plan. I usually will save any help I think I will need later as a text file anyway. I am all for the consolidation. Thanks for listening.<br><br>A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn't see the clouds at all - he's walking on them.<br>-LL Levinson
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Is it time to rethink MMC hierarchy? - 06/28/03 11:01 AM

Perhaps you could just "lock" the OSX Forum for a few months so that people can at least read whats in there, but not post. Perhaps until Panther is released, since most usefull info will no longer be valid for Panther.<br><br>Just a thought.<br><br>

Re: Is it time to rethink MMC hierarchy? - 06/28/03 11:07 AM

I like that idea, Giz.<br><br><pre>** sometimes you win, and sometimes you learn **</pre><p>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Is it time to rethink MMC hierarchy? - 06/28/03 11:10 AM

I wonder if the stuff in there could be archived and made sercheable--just in case there's some priceless nugget we wouldn't want to lose forever.<br><br> Alas, poor Yorick. -- Hamlet

Re: Is it time to rethink MMC hierarchy? - 06/28/03 11:12 AM

Hmm. Good point.<br><br>Or perhaps someone with a little more knowhow could volunteer to figure out how to concat the two forum databases for Stan.<br><br><pre>** sometimes you win, and sometimes you learn **</pre><p>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: Is it time to rethink MMC hierarchy? - 07/01/03 03:53 AM

Yeah let's delete it. It would be easier to follow up. Stan probably needs space anyway.<br><br>