Titles and what they mean

Posted by: StanFlack

Titles and what they mean - 05/28/01 03:09 AM

We have had quite a few inquiries regarding Member Titles and what they mean. I have made a few changes to the system and this is how it breaks down:<br><br>(the number reflects the amount of posts you've made)<br><br>0 Stranger<br>1 Newbie<br>25 Regular<br>50 Journeyman<br>100 Jr. Member<br>250 Member<br>500 Senior Member<br>1000 Executive Member<br>1500 Pooh-Bah<br>2500 Grand Pooh-Bah<br>5000 Master<br>10000 Grand Master<br>25000 Legend<br>50000 Immortal<br><br>I hope this explains things a bit.<br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Stan<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Titles and what they mean - 05/28/01 04:44 AM

Seems I've got a long way to go...<br><br>Cipher13 <-- aiming at Grand Master ;)<br><br>

Legend? - 05/28/01 07:03 AM

I'm a legend in my own mind even if it appears I won't be one here soon (if ever).<br><br>John<br><br>
Posted by: johnengler

Re: Titles and what they mean - 05/28/01 07:06 AM

weclome cipher ;)<br><br>Used to be at that other Mac website... like it here now.

Re: Titles and what they mean - 05/28/01 07:23 AM

Stan,<br><br>I think perhaps that something is wrong with the title set up, I seem to have 29 posts, according to the board (more after I post this post) and I'm still ranked as a "stranger" ..<br><br><br>Just thought I'd point this out... <br><br>Used to be at that other Mac website... like it here now.
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: Titles and what they mean - 05/28/01 07:53 AM

This site is great! Perhaps I will shoot for immortal! LOL<br><br>

Re: Titles and what they mean - 05/28/01 07:57 AM

Just give it a sec John and it should correct itself. The changes were just made.<br><br>Cheers!<br><br>Stan<br><br>

Re: Titles and what they mean - 05/28/01 07:59 AM

will do Stan.<br><br>***<br>"Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people." -John Adams
Posted by: sean

Re: Titles and what they mean - 05/29/01 07:30 PM

i am on my wait to "Pooh-Bah" and won't stop until i get there. why would anyone want to progress beyond a Pooh-Bah? i'll never know. a grand Pooh-Bah is just not the same. ;-)<br><br>[color:blue] -sean</font color=blue>

Re: Titles and what they mean - 05/30/01 02:00 PM

you'll probably be there within... i dunno, 10 months? think it'd take a year? :)<br><br>

Re: Titles and what they mean - 05/30/01 02:24 PM

1st post down, 49,000 to go...<br><br>As this is my first post here - Hi All!<br><br>Marc:-)<br><br>I really do still think that digital watches are a good idea....

Re: Titles and what they mean - 05/30/01 04:07 PM

John,<br><br>I am a little concerned. Your title should have changed by now -- sorry about that chief!! I changed it to Journeyman manually,as it should be, with the amount of posts you made, but it should change again automatically at 100 posts. Please let me know if it doesn't.<br><br>All the best my friend!<br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Stan<br><br>

Re: Titles and what they mean - 05/30/01 06:14 PM

Stan,<br><br>I noticed the same, and will definitely keep you updated on how well the title system is working....<br><br>if you need more shoot me an email about it sometime... <br><br>I love this stuff.<br><br>John<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2

Re: Titles and what they mean - 05/30/01 07:32 PM

Hummmmmm<br><br> Oni the Immortal<br><br>That has a nice ring to it,<br><br>I'll take it....<br><br>Check out on 3<br><br>Oni<br><br><br><br><br>this is my signature do you like it?

Re: Titles and what they mean - 05/30/01 08:37 PM

hmmm..I'm still a stranger?<br><br>

Re: Titles and what they mean - 05/30/01 09:26 PM

Addict, <br><br>see what happens when you break 25.<br><br>John<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2

Re: Titles and what they mean - 05/30/01 11:49 PM

Stan,<br><br>If you notice people like "OSXAddict" and "Yoyo52" and "Sean" and "Cipher13" have their title set as "stranger" while the proper title is "Stranger".<br><br>I wonder is the capitalization of the titles is what's causing the problems? perhaps the BB thinks that the non-capitalized version is a "special" title and thus won't update it?<br><br>Just a thought.<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2

Re: Titles and what they mean - 05/31/01 01:35 AM

I am wondering that too. As a test, I signed on as a new user, did one post, and was immediately changed to "Newbie" status. I think the problem is with exisiting members not changing over to the new titles. Just wanted to let you guy (and gals) know that we are working with WWWThreads to see what is happening. If worse comes to worse, I will change the existing Members manually for now.<br><br>Just know this... ya'll aren't strangers anymore. <br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Stan<br><br>

Re: Titles and what they mean - 05/31/01 07:51 AM

Thanks guys! I hate being a stranger <br>I'm at post #26 now..still no change <br><br>btw, my name is John too<br><br>

Re: Titles and what they mean - 05/31/01 08:55 AM

heh... that makes at least 3 John's that I know are on this board...<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2
Posted by: TreeBeard

Re: Titles and what they mean - 05/31/01 09:06 AM

they just meant I had to go get a new job and a new life is all they meant to me, those digital watches<br><br>..

hmmm - 05/31/01 09:14 AM

I wonder if I can go from stranger to journeyman! (though each time I see journeyman..for some strange reason Journey plays in my head <br><br>

Re: hmmm - 05/31/01 09:22 AM

well I went from journeyman to stranger when I should have been a jnr member .. hows that <br><br>..

Re: hmmm - 05/31/01 10:03 AM

So why didn't mine change? is it cause of the small s? <br><br>

Re: hmmm - 05/31/01 04:42 PM

it certainly does have something to do with what you put in your data <br><br>..

Re: hmmm - 05/31/01 06:31 PM

so it's ME? what I put in my data? I'm confused..I don't recall entering any data that would affect my status.<br><br>Can you help me out Stan?<br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: hmmm - 05/31/01 07:54 PM

I think it was a kind of troll, OSaddict--the ranks measure number of posts only.<br><br>And that's true too/--Shakespeare, King Lear

Re: hmmm - 06/01/01 05:49 AM

1. Addict, I'd encourage everyone to input their "personal data" so that we can get to know each other better....<br><br>2. I recommend sending an email to cafe@macminute.com with your "forum name" and a litle note asking Stan to update your "title" to what it should be. That way he knows he gets them all.<br><br>I think the "title" issue is only for those that have the "stranger" title, which is a lower case letter... and thus isn't in the new scheme, so that the forums management interface is just choking when it tries to update the titles...<br><br>They can update them manually, but they are probably pretty busy... so give them time... we know how much you post without the title. <br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2

Re: hmmm - 06/01/01 05:54 AM

yeah I'm a regular now!! thanks Stan.<br><br>I'll update my info soon, John<br><br>

Re: hmmm - 06/01/01 09:13 AM

Just checking to see if I am still a man on a trip somewhere<br>when in reality I should be allowed to drink in the childrens bar by now<br><br>..

Re: hmmm - 06/01/01 09:14 AM

nope..you are a junior member now <br><br>only 6 more for me till I can journey around

Re: hmmm - 06/01/01 09:34 AM

hey kewl, I can now just get my chin up on the bar!<br> I'll have a BlackMac please. <br><br>..

Re: hmmm - 06/01/01 09:37 AM

I like a mixture of black/tan mmmmmmmmmmmmmm<br><br>

Re: hmmm - 06/01/01 09:40 AM

try coopers<br><br>..

Re: hmmm - 06/01/01 09:47 AM

well...don't think I can get that here in the U.S....I like mixing Bass Ale and Guinness Stout<br><br>

Re: hmmm - 06/01/01 09:58 AM

yeah Toohey's old is like that from the tap <br><br>..

Re: hmmm - 06/01/01 10:28 AM

heh... it's funny how a conversation about the "titles" can turn into a discussion of beers....<br><br><br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2

Re: hmmm - 06/01/01 10:37 AM

please forgive me I am only a junior :)<br><br>..

Re: hmmm - 06/01/01 02:01 PM

I think I got the Titles thing fixed. I see yours changed... <br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Stan<br><br>

Re: hmmm - 06/01/01 04:40 PM

Good job Stan... I think you did too.<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2
Posted by: Mac007

Thanks for the key but... - 06/03/01 11:51 AM

...what does the 'A' by your name stand for? <br><br>"It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness."

Re: Thanks for the key but... - 06/03/01 11:54 AM

that "A" stands for "Administrator" I think... am I wrong Stan?<br><br><br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2

Re: Thanks for the key but... - 06/05/01 01:14 AM

Nope, that's what it means. <br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Stan
Posted by: scaught

Re: Titles and what they mean - 06/06/01 12:34 PM

how many posts do i have to make to get the rank of "publisher"? haha<br><br>

Re: Titles and what they mean - 06/06/01 03:00 PM

A few more! <br><br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Stan

Re: Titles and what they mean - 06/07/01 03:27 AM

First post here, hi all!<br><br>So now I must have graduated from Stranger to Newbie. Let's see.<br><br>BTW, I sent a message to cafe@macminute.com last week regarding a login issue, but now everything is fine.<br><br><br>JackSim

Re: Titles and what they mean - 06/07/01 05:00 PM

welcome JackSim<br><br>***<br>"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." <br> -- Ecclesiastes 10:2