Something causing pages to not fully load?

Posted by: Jim_

Something causing pages to not fully load? - 05/09/13 05:21 PM

They appear to load all content, everything seems to load in a sec or so, but in Safari the X stays in the URL field for a long time, and in FireFox the loading spinning backwards arrow stays a long time on tabs, both a minute or more.

It does this on both the iPhone and the computer. I noticed it more on the iPhone since resizing pages doesn't work the same until the page is done loading.

It doesn't do it through the 4G on the phone though.

The AppleCentral websites are fine, it's just the forums and it's every page or post. It's been going on for 2 days at least.

I've rebooted router and modem. Changed DNS servers in the router. This site only.

Anybody else?
Posted by: garyW

Re: Something causing pages to not fully load? - 05/09/13 05:54 PM

same here with Safari. I always thought it never fully loaded because of the Adblock extension.

Re: Something causing pages to not fully load? - 05/09/13 06:10 PM

How long have you noticed it?
Posted by: garyW

Re: Something causing pages to not fully load? - 05/09/13 11:35 PM

long before Neil's last tweaks.

No change if adblock is off & clear cache.

Safari 5.1.8
Posted by: steveg

Re: Something causing pages to not fully load? - 05/10/13 02:32 AM

Nothing like that for me. But, since the last Safari update, that I sometimes have to scroll up or down a few pixels to get links to respond after a new page has loaded. And yesterday AM, app updates and reminders weren't loading on my 4s. Whatever it was cleared up by mid-morning.
Posted by: Stumpy1

Re: Something causing pages to not fully load? - 05/10/13 03:27 AM

Just noticed it yesterday when you mentioned it.

It doesn't seem to matter which browser I use.

Re: Something causing pages to not fully load? - 05/10/13 04:30 AM

Originally Posted By: steveg
Nothing like that for me. But, since the last Safari update, that I sometimes have to scroll up or down a few pixels to get links to respond after a new page has loaded.
I noticed that too. Couldn't put my finger on when it first started. Thanks.

Do you notice it on any sites other than here?
Posted by: steveg

Re: Something causing pages to not fully load? - 05/10/13 06:47 AM

Seems to happen randomly on other sites, but more here than elsewhere. But then the UI and interaction here is different than, say, a newspaper site or social media.

Re: Something causing pages to not fully load? - 05/10/13 07:48 AM

Thanks guys. Since it's not just me having this problem I'm going to move this to the Feedback forum so that Neil sees it.

Re: Something causing pages to not fully load? - 05/13/13 09:49 PM

Whatever it was seems to be fixed now.
Posted by: KateSorensen

Re: Something causing pages to not fully load? - 05/15/13 07:02 PM

Just now, I loaded this thread in Firefox and the spining blue circle in this tab still spins forevah! I can stop it with cmd period.

Re: Something causing pages to not fully load? - 05/15/13 09:00 PM

It did it this AM around 7EDT for a couple of hours or so but it's been okay for me the rest of the day.