new to MM

Posted by: Anonymous

new to MM - 04/20/02 11:03 AM

Today I have, like many others, moved from MC to MM. I just have a few questions about the forum.<br><br>What is the difference between the lounge and the local? Is the lounge sort of like the MC lounge, and the local kind of like the MC general discussion?<br><br>I can't put my old picture in the picture box. It ends in .png, and it says that it is an invalid picture type. Is there any way to put it on?<br><br>Is the moving from MC to MM more of a permanent thing, or more of a threat to JimD?<br><br>
Posted by: Menikmati3

Re: new to MM - 04/20/02 11:52 AM

I too would like to use a .png for my avatar. I PMed the admin, Stan, I think his name is, hopefully this is possible.<br><br>At first it was a threat to JimD, but now I think it is more of a permanent thing. <br><br>[color:green][i]Looks like I'll be here for a while...
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: new to MM - 04/21/02 08:17 PM

We're looking into the .png limitation -- we think it may be caused as a result of running an older version of the forum software than MC. We'll be taking care of this in the near future...<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: new to MM - 05/12/02 01:04 PM

Has anything been resolved/upgraded regarding the PING image use?<br><br>[color:red]semicolon dash parenthesis</font color=red>
Posted by: johnengler

Re: new to MM - 05/12/02 02:34 PM

hey Hell99x,<br><br>to answer two of your questions:<br><br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>What is the difference between the lounge and the local? Is the lounge sort of like the MC lounge, and the local kind of like the MC general discussion?<p><hr></blockquote><p><br>The lounge is for everything not Macintosh related.<br><br>The Local is for all things Mac related, but not neccesarily covered by the other forums... like "tips and tricks" or "X" questions... though I'd argue that all of the X stuff needs to be moved into the Mac Local forum, since even Apple's dropping OS 9 support...<br><br>the fact of the matter is traffic here is fairly light, so "post where you want" generally works pretty well.<br><br><br><br><br>Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.<br>-- Aaron Levenstein