Reading posts each day

Posted by: KateSorensen

Reading posts each day - 05/27/01 09:30 AM

Seems easier for me now. There are notations in red in the main index telling me there are new posts. I click and then the red red numbers again tell me where to find them. When I click on a thread, it then proceeds to take me directly to the new post.<br><br>Stan suggested some (maybe me) might have cookie problems. Well, it appears mine are fixed and I am a happy camper.<br><br>Good to see the forum filling up. Welcome to all the folks who have registered. I know I have posted a lot of what seem nonsense, but my main purpose in the beginning when there were less than 10 folks hanging here, was to make traffic and work out kinks in the mechanics of the cafe.<br><br>As new Macintosh forums are initiated, the chit chat and off topic discussion will take a back seat (and my name won't seem like it is like manure in the pasture (ALL OVER THE PLACE!)<br><br>Glad to see traffic picking up and good Mac stuff growing.<br><br>* * * * * * * * ** * * *<br>Kate<br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Reading posts each day - 05/27/01 09:40 AM

hiya Kate... <br><br>i agree with you that as things pick up around here and people start asking about fixes for issues they are having that the silliness (though somewhat indispensible) will die down a bit. though i can get very earnest and deadly serious as often as not, i am a propagator of silliness wherever i go in the virtual or real worlds. likely it would be a good idea to have a "member lounge", a forum in these fora, for people to just chat about whatever and i will suggest that in the *ahem* proper forum. heh heh<br><br>

Some of Those Nonsense Posts - 05/27/01 12:54 PM

Some of Those Nonsense Posts...<br><br>...were probably posted to bring the poster up in status from "stranger" to "newbie" to "Journeyman" to... um...<br><br>Me, I try to avoid yapping unless I have something to yap about. (What follows are ten posts complaining about the last episode of "Star Trek Voyager".)<br><br>John<br><br>

Re: Some of Those Nonsense Posts - 05/27/01 01:15 PM

yes, and i for one stated in one post that i was unashamedly trying to shake the 'stranger' and 'newbie' status... and i also post solid info as well as yapping... thanks for your yap! heh heh<br><br>
Posted by: KateSorensen

About KateSorensen - 05/27/01 01:39 PM

She has a avoiding of people. Not a gathering of friends. An avoiding of people who do not care for her contributions in forums occasionallly. I don't want my name appearing so often and prominently to scare some of my avoidings people away. I'll contribute and certainly a lot of trivia, etc.<br><br>I make a point of helping and like to look up info for people when I have spare time, because I usually learn something in the process.<br><br>I am not pointing fingers on those who have engaged in silliness because I enjoy it tremendously but do not wish to offend those who think it should be all Mac here.<br><br>The position is still open for a resident PC user geek here too. I think the place needs one who likes to share and is friendly. More than one.<br><br>How about a room called the Cracker Barrel or Potbelly (as in stove) Room where members just let it all hang out! (Hit it! NYCdude!)<br><br>Good idea you have for a members room.<br><br>* * * * * * * * ** * * *<br>Kate<br>
Posted by: johnengler

Re: Some of Those Nonsense Posts - 05/27/01 01:48 PM

nycdewd... I'm trying to shake that status too, but it seems that I'm not nearly as wasteful as you are with my time ;)<br><br>Used to be at that other Mac website... like it here now.

Re: About KateSorensen - 05/27/01 02:00 PM

Boy that'd be swell, if we called this "member's room" something different... something like what Kate has suggested, or something totally off the wall. Something that is "our" room... "our hangout" .....<br><br>"the lounge" is too much of a copy or another great bulletin board's "member's room".... <br><br>anyone else have any other ideas?....<br><br><br>Something from Tolkein? Salvatore? The Crystal Shard? what are you guys thinking?<br><br>Stan? would you back us up on a "member's room" that we chose the name to?<br><br>Or isn't that what "the local" is supposed to be?<br><br>John<br><br>Used to be at that other Mac website... like it here now.

Re: Some of Those Nonsense Posts - 05/27/01 02:30 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>Some of Those Nonsense Posts...<br><br>...were probably posted to bring the poster up in status from "stranger" to "newbie" to "Journeyman" to... um...<br><br>Me, I try to avoid yapping unless I have something to yap about. (What follows are ten posts complaining about the last episode of "Star Trek Voyager".)<p><hr></blockquote><p>Amen, Brother<br><br><br><br>

Re: Some of Those Nonsense Posts - 05/27/01 02:49 PM

just to thumb my nose: YAP!<br><br>heh heh... time? what a concept.<br><br>

Re: Some of Those Nonsense Posts - 05/27/01 02:58 PM

NYCDewd, why aren't you on AIM?<br><br>Used to be at that other Mac website... like it here now.
Posted by: Alex

Re: About KateSorensen - 05/27/01 05:55 PM

Kate, I reckon it's great to have you around - don't worry about how often you may appear in the forums! As for my background, if anyone's interested, I have had a fair bit of experience in both the Mac and Wintel worlds (quite comfortable ripping either a resource fork or a Windows registry apart!) and would be more than happy to give any input around here (if it's ever actually useful, that is - I love helping people but I don't want to be wasting people's time) where I can. Although I live in the same state as TreeBeard, so I'm pretty sure he'd beat me to it! (we haven't met before but from his posts he sounds pretty good)<br><br>And as for a name for a "members room"... hmm... maybe I'm too much of a geek to come up with anything creative?! ;-) Actually, IRL there's a great hangout cafe near me called "Goldberg's" - nice name maybe? Besides, "Central Perk" is already taken... hehehe<br><br>
Posted by: TreeBeard

Re: What have you done to improve the world today? - 05/27/01 08:43 PM

today is a gift... that is why it is called the present.<br><br>..I would say I may have won the Nonsense post trophy, but it appears to have been said

Re:if it is a general funforumroom - 05/27/01 08:50 PM

and since everyone of my friends has recommended that I connect my drip filter to a drip feeder and wheel it around with me (i do drink a lot of caf) we could always call it the drip forum or the "drip filter room"<br><br><br>..I would say I may have won the Nonsense post trophy, but it appears to have been said

Re:if it is a general funforumroom - 05/27/01 08:54 PM

heh heh, i'll vote for that one: "drip filter room"... the name's as good as any at this point... once again i ask you, Treebeard, did you take your username from the Ent of the same name?<br><br>

Re:did you ask me that before? - 05/27/01 09:40 PM

soorry I am a disabled person I am deaf and sometimes it seems I read with a deaf ear too... yes take a right on the doorstep of Shelob's lairand backtrack down into the valley which is stolen from Gandolf and Gandalf oh and heres a trophy for spotting it<br><br>ask yourself..what have you done to improve our life together today?
Posted by: StanFlack

Re: About KateSorensen - 05/28/01 02:34 AM

Swell it is and the new Member's Lounge is up folks. By the way, how's the coffee? <br><br>Stan<br><br>

Re:did you ask me that before? - 05/28/01 07:11 AM

treebeard... great post... and..... nice to know you... (haven't said hi to you yet)...<br><br>Used to be at that other Mac website... like it here now.

Re: About KateSorensen - 05/28/01 07:12 AM

thanks Stan<br><br>Used to be at that other Mac website... like it here now.

Re:and great to meet you too John - 05/28/01 08:12 PM

thanks for all the kind words too<br><br>PeterMac