"Unread" count keeps resetting ...

Posted by: six_of_one

"Unread" count keeps resetting ... - 05/20/11 11:38 AM

Hey hey!

I don't know if this is a local or server problem, but the red "Unread" number count for all the rooms keeps resetting all posts to being unread (i.e., for the Lounge it suddenly went from 2 posts unread to over 300,000(!)) -- I've had to mark the entire Forums "read" about five times in the last few days so I can start from scratch =)

Any ideas?

=)
Posted by: Jim_

Re: "Unread" count keeps resetting ... - 05/20/11 11:58 AM

It's a long standing bug. There are other other catalysts, but it always happens when you start a reply then take a long time to finally submit the reply.

For me it also happens if I get an email about a spam post, click on the link to the post in my email, but am not logged in. After logging in all posts are marked unread.

If you just log out then log back in it clears itself and the unread post count is then correct.

Do an advanced search in the Feedback forum over the last 3 years using unread as a search term. Not saying "search you idiot" or anything, smile just if you want to see the trail of the problem.

I believe it's a UBB bug actually, nothing specific to here. We did mention it to Rick of UBB but nothing ever came of it.
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: "Unread" count keeps resetting ... - 05/20/11 12:50 PM

Ah thanks, that must be it -- my conspiracy theories in the Soapbox do seem to take a lot of time to concoct so it takes a while to submit ;-)