Ads overlapping PART III

Posted by: Nana

Ads overlapping PART III - 04/14/11 01:14 PM

This has now gotten on my last nerve! I can't even read postings any longer. Has it gotten worse?

And another thing......
No one seems to have mentioned that this site is still in beta! shocked When will the final release occur?
Posted by: neil

Re: Ads overlapping PART III - 04/14/11 01:17 PM

We're following the Google approach.
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: Ads overlapping PART III - 04/14/11 02:02 PM

Can you show screen shots of how it looks to you?

Threaded or flat mode?
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Ads overlapping PART III - 04/14/11 02:59 PM

Quote:
No one seems to have mentioned that this site is still in beta!

Uhh.. isn't it still in beta?
Feels like it sometimes.

Re: Ads overlapping PART III - 04/14/11 05:52 PM

Originally Posted By: John Rougeux
Can you show screen shots of how it looks to you?

Threaded or flat mode?

Posted by: Jim_

Re: Ads overlapping PART III - 04/14/11 07:32 PM

It appears you have your minimum font size set really high. Also your default font is Times for some reason. Which browser are you running?

Re: Ads overlapping PART III - 04/14/11 08:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Reboot
It appears you have your minimum font size set really high. Also your default font is Times for some reason. Which browser are you running?

Ok, you lost me. I am using FF 3.3.16 which is my default browser, default font Georgia (30).
I have the same overlapping problem using Safari (latest version). Rarely use Safari if ever.

I use the same font & font size in all my browsers.

Checked Chrome - No problems whatsoever with overlapping! This site is perfect! Go figure. Guess I have to use Chrome if I want to participate on this message board.
Chrome is my backup browser.

Thanks for your time in this matter.

Re: Ads overlapping PART III - 04/14/11 09:43 PM

It's that 30 point font that's blowing things out. I tried changing mine to 30 and it breaks a lot of sites in all browsers.

The overlapping here only happens with Safari though. Chrome and FF 3 and 4 don't overlap, but just like the screen shots you posted, in all browsers 30 does break the menus in the black bars at the top of the page, and jumbles up the bottom of the page.

FF has a setting in Content-Fonts under the Advanced button, to override page fonts or not BTW.

Re: Ads overlapping PART III - 04/14/11 09:51 PM

Here's how it's supposed to look at the top. With the font size at 30 though the black nav bars get blown out, in your pics the nav bar text is next to "Welcome Nana" and it's ghost type and way out of place.

Open image in new tab to embiggen.

Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Ads overlapping PART III - 04/15/11 08:34 AM

You might also try using the MacTech theme in your Control Panel preferences. And instead of setting your minimum font to 30, leave it at the default (12 I think) and just use the Apple + or Apple - keys to enlarge the page.

Also, you might want to upgrade to Firefox 4. It's much faster, more stable and has a host of new features.

Re: Ads overlapping PART III - 04/15/11 02:42 PM

Thank you Gizmo. I am now back in business after following your advice.
Quote:
FF has a setting in Content-Fonts under the Advanced button, to override page fonts or not BTW.

I enabled this option. I also set the minimum font to 12pts. I now use FF zoom function.

Quote:
Also, you might want to upgrade to Firefox 4. It's much faster, more stable and has a host of new features.

I do not want to update to FF4 just yet. One of my add-ons is not compatible with it.